"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-31-2006, 06:45 AM   #1
Master Chef

What are you doing tonight, New Years Eve?

My husband and I decided to invite a few neighbors over after dinner. A freind wanted us to go to Dubuque with them, but we prefer to stay out of cars on new year's eve. So we're just asking a few friends to stop by for a glass of the bubbly and desert. We're hoping that by midnight it will be just the two of us (three if you count the dog) to ring it in.

Old 12-31-2006, 07:22 AM   #2
Head Chef

Ditto, no travel tonight. We are staying at home with a couple of filet mignons and a good bottle of wine. Probably will follow our tradition of falling asleep before midnight.

Old 12-31-2006, 07:52 AM   #3
Sous Chef

Working... what fun...
Old 12-31-2006, 08:34 AM   #4
Head Chef

Bad luck Nicholas. I'll be at home with my partner, no driving for us either. A friend might come over as his family is away. If he comes, we'll be having beef bourguignon; if not, we'll be having duck breasts. Scrummy either way. We have a DVD to watch, so we can also avoid all the crummy chat, celebrity and talent (less) shows on TV. Either that, or like Lyndalou, I'll be falling asleep in front of the fire only in my case with as many cats on top of me as are prepared to put up with each other at such close quarters.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:59 AM   #5
Sous Chef

We have invited a family who we are friends with, their daughter is friends with ours and their son likewise. The children will eat together at 7.30 then I will prepare a meal for the adults, Roast leg of lamb, roast potatoes, honey glazed carrots, and buttered french beans with a mint and apple sauce. Dessert is a surprise for us as the family invited is preparing it. We have all party stuff for tonight and hope we have a great time just as we think the children will!
Old 12-31-2006, 10:04 AM   #6
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Working...hope to be out in time to watch the ball drop.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:13 AM   #7
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Nothing special, few drinks, and nice dinner - lol, haven't seen that Ball drop in years! Will see it on the morning news !
Old 12-31-2006, 12:21 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndalou
Ditto, no travel tonight. We are staying at home with a couple of filet mignons and a good bottle of wine. Probably will follow our tradition of falling asleep before midnight.
ditto for us here too. sans the bubbly or wine. maybe the DH will have something to drink but that's not the usual. we will for sure, conk before the 1st though.

Happy New Year to you all!
Old 12-31-2006, 12:29 PM   #9
Master Chef

Husband & I are doing absolutely nothing except sitting around watching tv (Turner Classic Movies is having a Marx Brothers movie fest) & EATING. Bought some bubbly, lentil soup, 3 pounds of huge Alaskan King crab legs, ordered 3 different kinds of fresh American caviar which arrived yesterday, nacho fixings, etc., etc., etc.

Also bought the few remaining ingredients I needed for tomorrow's Cassoulet, which I'll start tonight.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:29 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
well Im still in the Lab, but it`s only 17:25 hours, so no biggy :)

I haven`t got a Clue what to cook tonight, so we May have a take-away as long as it`s something Light and nothing that will put us in a coma :)

then we`ll probably kick back and watch TV until 12, then crack open a bottle of something or other in my daughters room while she`s asleep and wish each other happy new year as a Family :)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote