What are you drinking (again...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, guys--you're all so sweet! I had a nice long nap this afternoon--which I never do, so I know I'm fighting something. It's been a foggy, rainy day so it's been a good day to lay low and rest. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

PA Baker said:
Thanks, guys--you're all so sweet! I had a nice long nap this afternoon--which I never do, so I know I'm fighting something. It's been a foggy, rainy day so it's been a good day to lay low and rest. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.
Hope you get better PA. I love my nappytime. Being sick sucks :!:
I am drinking a diet coke with lime.

coffee with vanilla cream. Same thing as every morning.

I'll switch to water when this is done.!!

My fingers have that problem all the time...
lol

sure wish there was a spell checker on here.

I love Red Stripe too :) There was an Uno's by my house that decided they were going to start carrying 100 different beers. To make room they started selling off the beers they were not going to carry. The Red Strip was not moving for some reason and they were getting desperate to unload it. They marked it down to 25 cents a bottle. My buddy and I had a great time while it lasted. I think we were the only two who drank it.

This was also the only bear we could get on our honeymoon (in Jamaica of course).

You are KILLING me, geebs!!! Here it's $8.50 a sixpack. When I discovered it living in Florida, we could get it at our fave dive bar for about a buck a bottle.

bottled red stripe is good stuff, never had it on draught. i usually avoid places that brag about the numbers of beers they offer if many of them are on tap. unless they sell them a lot, or purge the lines every day, the beer in the lines rots, and tastes bad. i can't count how many times i've ordered a lesser known and therefore lesser served beer, and got a skunky beer in my glass.

oh, i am drinking a 2000 woodbridge cab sauv. ok, but nothing to brag about...

buckytom said:
bottled red stripe is good stuff, never had it on draught. i usually avoid places that brag about the numbers of beers they offer if many of them are on tap. unless they sell them a lot, or purge the lines every day, the beer in the lines rots, and tastes bad. i can't count how many times i've ordered a lesser known and therefore lesser served beer, and got a skunky beer in my glass.

Can I get an AMEN???? Preach it brother Bucky!!!! ;)

We get that a LOT when we try new places with our brewing friends. The best is when we try to politely tell the server that the beer is 'off'. They usually then proceed to tell us that it's a microbrew/import/etc. and that it just takes getting used to. That's usually about when we all pull out all of the stops (There are several highly qualified beer judges in this group) and explain to them all of the various problems with the beer, AND their causes. Sadly, sometimes you get servers that just aren't willing to listen/learn/admit they're wrong.

Oh, and I'm drinking coffee right now. Lots and lots of coffee right now. (Late night)

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom