What are you eatin or drinkin right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
buckytom said:
mudbug said:
crewsk said:
I keep a bottle of Rock & Rye in the fridge just for that. It's great for congestion too. My daughter has seasonal asthma & her doctor said to give her 1Tbsp. Rock & Rye mixed with lemon juice & honey whenever she gets a cold. She hates the stuff but it clears her up real fast.

Mom used to dip her finger in whiskey and rub it on babies' gums when they were teething.

lol, my dad did that too. and we were allowed to sip a little schaeffer or rheingold if mom was at bingo and he wanted us to go to sleep.

Gram used to put whiskey on my gums, too, lol. even when i was like 4, anytime i would bite my cheek or something, whiskey was the cure.

Wow, mudbug. You seem to have my hours, it seems, and I've already read the newspaper!

Good morning!

(Oh, coffee -- the third cup...)

:LOL:

Audeo said:
Wow, mudbug. You seem to have my hours, it seems, and I've already read the newspaper!

Good morning!

(Oh, coffee -- the third cup...)

:LOL:

Don't normally get up that early anymore; just restless this a.m., I guess. Paper read, coffee drank, kid safely off to school, errands lined up to do, checking in here - my, what a busy day already!

I had to go to three stores to find simple tomato juice..

I'm half way through my spicy bloody mary

A bowl of chili smothered in onions and hot sauce with an Alaskan Pale Ale Beer. The cashew chicken did not get made because I fell asleep on the couch. Doesn't the recipe below sound good. I found it on the Alaskan Brewing Company website.

SC

Alaskan Amber Chili Verde
Ingredients:
2 quarts water
6 bottles Alaskan Amber
2 15 oz. cans chicken broth
20 tomatillos, cleaned and diced
8 Anaheim peppers, cleaned and diced
8 pasilla peppers, cleaned and diced
1 jalepeno pepper, cleaned and diced
1 large onion, diced
1 head garlic, minced
1 pork roast (loin or shoulder), cubed
½ cup flour
¼ cup corn oil

Instructions:
Combine water, Alaskan Amber, and broth together in large pot and bring to a boil. Add peppers and tomatillos. Simmer for 2 – 4 hours.
In heavy skillet over medium heat, sauté onion, garlic and pork in corn oil until the onions are transparent. Add flour and sauté mixture, stirring continuously, until pork is golden brown. Set aside.
Add pork mixture to peppers and broth while it is still boiling. Stir and reduce heat to low. Simmer to thicken. Serve on warm flour tortillas with shredded jack cheese accompanied by glasses of Alaskan Amber.

Submitted by: Theo Graber

Rum and Coke, and sour cream and onion pringles.
My drink of choice is Jack Daniel's, but since I started my own business I can't afford the luxuries righ now.

i'm eating crow.
not REAL crow, lol. metaphorical crow. :)
oh, and i've been trying to get this Ensure down. i hate this stuff, but if you wanna keep your weight up, you gotta drink it. (shudder.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom