What are you eating Christmas Day, December 25, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Christmas Brunch - Cheese, Dried Meat, Port Wine Cheese Spread, Cherry Preserves, Grapes, Clementines and Assorted crackers plate.

meat_cheese_plate_122519_IMG_6549.jpg

fruit_cracker_plate_122519_IMG_6552.jpg

MsM, that looks wonderful!

We're having ham, scalloped potatoes, broccoli, and biscuits. Peach pie for dessert.

Last edited:
The roast beast is in the oven.
Pictures to follow later.

We had breakfast for supper: sunny side eggs, home fried potatoes, and some fried up Italian sausage. It really hit the spot.

We nibbled much of the morning on an assorted breakfast of Raspberry Kringle, Blueberry Tea Cake and savory biscuits and gravy..

The "nibbles" were salami, cheese, 3 dips and assorted olives, pepperoncini, etc..

I slow cooked a rib roast and seared it in a hot oven.. Simple sides were baked red potatoes, asparagus and yeast rolls from the Kringle bakery..

If the pics transfer correctly, I'll post our dinner table tomorrow..

Ross

Dinner at Casa Andy M. was:

Wine and cocktails with a couple of apps while opening gifts.
Boneless ribeye roast with Jus
Lyonnaise Potatoes
Spinach with shallots, garlic, mushrooms and balsamic vinegar
Steamed Broccoli

Dessert was cheesecake with blueberry or hot fudge topping
Pumpkin roll
A great selection of cookies my older daughter made

Eye round roast, mini Yorkshire pudding, steamed baby spinach, whipped yukon potatoes/turnip root and burgundy gravy.

christmas_dinner_122519_IMG_6557.jpg

Well, you all beat us by a mile with your luscious looking dishes, but we enjoyed our jumbo prawns - just plated plain & simple with seafood cocktail sauce - no fancy stuff like - being hung over the rims of a lovely goblet over greens - nothing like that.

Attachments

• IMG_9185 Jumbo Prawn Cocktails.jpg
    IMG_9185 Jumbo Prawn Cocktails.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 85
Bone in prime rib, wild mushroom bread pudding, corn & mirliton maque choux and I did some moink balls on the Egg for appetizers. Italian wedding cake for dessert.

After a big, but Early, dinner that dear DIL spread out, I found myself in the kitchen around seven last night ....

Franks, Beans with Peppers & Onions, Air-Fries, Steamed Cauliflower under a Cheddar Melt...

Franks & Beans (6).jpg

Last edited:
We had ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, rutabagas, collards, gravy, oyster dressing, plain dressing, sweet potatoes, Watergate salad, cornbread, chocolate pie, and lemon pie. Sent a few leftovers home with my 2 aunts, but Mom and I have enough in the fridge that we won't have to cook for a few days.

China, crystal and candle light dinner for 5 was:

Two whole ducks, roasted to perfection, backbone removed and quartered for serving
My mushroom rice pilaf
Creamed onion and cheddar broccoli
Cranberry sauce
Christmas Ambrosia Salad ( served in china tea cups)
dinner rolls and butter
Pecan pie

Dinner was a huge hit, and all the compliments really made my Christmas.:heart::in_love::santa:

Last edited:
China, crystal and candle light dinner for 5 was:

Two whole ducks, roasted to perfection, backbone removed and quartered for serving
My mushroom rice pilaf
Creamed onion and cheddar broccoli
Cranberry sauce
Christmas Ambrosia Salad ( served in china tea cups)
dinner rolls and butter
Pecan pie

Dinner was a huge hit, and all the compliments really made my Christmas.:heart::in_love::santa:

Sounds absolutely fabulous !

I'm a bit late, but here is our Christmas Day dinner - short ribs braised in Pinot Noir, mashed potatoes, pan-roasted carrots (and Brussels sprouts for DH) and yeast rolls. Choice of homemade apple pie or lemon pound cake my brother and his family sent us. We all had pie :yum:

Oh, and DH made me eggs Benedict to fortify me for a day of cooking :wub:
2019-12-27-09-50-10.jpeg1225191831.jpg1225191858.jpg1225192057.jpg

Back
Top Bottom