What are you eating Friday 1/25/2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sherry - I never thought of that, Joel. I have made store-bought clam chowder taste richer by adding a generous plop of cream cheese, however. Now that I can buy Captain Parker's Clam Chowder at the local grocery stores, no doctoring needed. Apparently, their recipe is online (I just buy the 30-ounce tub and heat it up). Captain Parker's Chowder Recipe

...my newly mixed Everything but the Bagel seasoning.
Great name for marketing purposes. ;)

I tossed a few hot dogs on the grill for dinner tonight. Then started working on my dinner for Sunday. :huh:

CD

No pics tonight, Craig attacked dinner and I was talking to DD when he brought me a bowl. Asian chicken noodle vege soup. Craig went back for thirds, e-nuff said. I have to write this down so we can make again. There's only half a bowl left.

Last Night's Grilled Jumbo Pork Loin Chop, under a blanket of Bacon-Alfredo Sauce, Asparagus Spears (Much more successful than the night before ...) and Buttered Corn... Salad, of course, not quite in the frame...
Medtran ; a day without a pic from you is a disappointment ....

Pork Loin Chop, Bacon-Alfredo Sauce.jpg

Last edited:
It was such a pretty day here, I smoked a pork loin roast, and served it with Spanish Rice. SC put together his glorified dinner salads and I topped them with my newly mixed Everything but the Bagel seasoning.

I LOVE that salad. I'm going to save your pic, if you don't mind, and put it in my "Recipe Ideas By Picture" folder. Yes, that really exists :LOL:

Sometimes when I can't think of things to make, I'll go into that folder and it has all kinds of pictures of beautiful dishes from the internet and it gives me a little inspiration when I'm having one of my "I have no idea what the heck I'm going to cook" days.

I LOVE that salad. I'm going to save your pic, if you don't mind, and put it in my "Recipe Ideas By Picture" folder. Yes, that really exists :LOL:

Sometimes when I can't think of things to make, I'll go into that folder and it has all kinds of pictures of beautiful dishes from the internet and it gives me a little inspiration when I'm having one of my "I have no idea what the heck I'm going to cook" days.

Thanks for the lovely compliment Linda. We have what I call "glorified dinner salads" almost every night, all year round. Souschef is so good at making them. The one constant is we must have pickled beets.

I'm glad he's so happy with the new topping I put together for them.

Thanks for the lovely compliment Linda. We have what I call "glorified dinner salads" almost every night, all year round. Souschef is so good at making them. The one constant is we must have pickled beets.

I'm glad he's so happy with the new topping I put together for them.

I love beets, pickled or no ;)

Chicken cooked in gravy over leftover rice and orzo pilaf with braised green beans, garnished with crispy broiled chicken skin :yum:
View attachment 33285

:ohmy:

Okay. I have to say it. I love love love chicken skin. Baked, broiled, fried or even just boiled, I'll eat it. So would you be so kind as to tell me how you did that? Did you simply stick chicken skin under the broiler? Or do you have a secret?

:ohmy:

Okay. I have to say it. I love love love chicken skin. Baked, broiled, fried or even just boiled, I'll eat it. So would you be so kind as to tell me how you did that? Did you simply stick chicken skin under the broiler? Or do you have a secret?

Sorry, lazy typing on my part lol I baked it for probably 20-25 minutes in the toaster oven to render the fat, then put it under the broiler to crisp. I love it, too :wub:

Wow...so many mouth watering pics! :yum: I am truly inspired.

Kay....I love beets with salad, too. I always have a few small cans in the pantry to chop up for my green salads. My fave are the un-pickled. :)

Wow...so many mouth watering pics! :yum: I am truly inspired.

Kay....I love beets with salad, too. I always have a few small cans in the pantry to chop up for my green salads. My fave are the un-pickled. :)

Yep, beets also fill the "need for red" when tomatoes are out of season. ;)

First we eat with the eyes, yes? :chef:

Yep, beets also fill the "need for red" when tomatoes are out of season. ;)

First we eat with the eyes, yes? :chef:

Absolutely. :chef: Even though I cook for one, I like my dishes to look pretty and appetizing. That doesn't always happen for many reasons, but I love it when it does. :LOL:

We are not fans of beets, so I use roasted red peppers or plum tomatoes for that. The little tomatoes have a pretty good flavor even in the off season.

I don't care much for beets, either, and the cherry tomatoes out of Mexico are pretty good when all the other tomatoes are out of season -- at least down here.

CD

My favorite is the Golden Beet. They're hard to find, but I love boiling them in their skin until they're cooked perfectly. Then I peel them, slice them and eat them as-is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom