What are you eating Friday 2/15/2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's interesting Ross..poaching the chicken in the sauce. I like it.

By the way, you told about how you make your sauce a while back and now I can't find it. Can your repeat?
I think you'll really like that pudding..I have to do that again soon.

Kayelle.. :)

I have poached chicken in sauce for a long time.. To me, it seems to enhance flavor.. I've used this sauce recipe for years now.. Its simple, quick and gives me the flavors of the enchiladas I've always enjoyed..

To me, the key ingredient is Knorr's Caldo De Tomate... You can add flavorings you prefer.. I reduce the amount of chile powder.

https://www.plainchicken.com/2012/01/quick-easy-homemade-enchilada-sauce.html

And we really enjoyed that butterscotch pudding.. :yum:

Ross

Friday's Shrimp & Sausage Gumbo, with two significant adjustments ; I used Brats instead of Andouille, and there's no Celery in the Dish... too lazy to go out for a single item... (Sigh!)

Salad is dressed with Ken's Country French...

IMG_7249.jpg

We had some NC-style bbq (in vinegar) with cole slaw and potato chips for late lunch. This particular batch seemed to have a lot of spices in it. Yogurt for supper.

Kayelle.. :)

I have poached chicken in sauce for a long time.. To me, it seems to enhance flavor.. I've used this sauce recipe for years now.. Its simple, quick and gives me the flavors of the enchiladas I've always enjoyed..

To me, the key ingredient is Knorr's Caldo De Tomate... You can add flavorings you prefer.. I reduce the amount of chile powder.

https://www.plainchicken.com/2012/01/quick-easy-homemade-enchilada-sauce.html

And we really enjoyed that butterscotch pudding.. :yum:

Ross

Thanks Ross. I have the recipe saved now, and reduced the chili powder as you suggested before. I don't like a strong sauce either. I found the Knorr's Caldo De Tomate at the Mexican grocery but it's in cubes. Enchiladas are in our near future.:yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom