What are you eating Friday 2/15/2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Dinner tonight will be Chicken soup for hub, DD#1 and I. Chicken stock is cooking.

Baked flounder, rice and asparagus (I'll have a few also) for DD#2.

Chicken enchiladas today..

Made the sauce and then poached the chicken in that sauce..
Put together the enchiladas and will serve with Mexican rice and refried beans.. Also a small green salad..

For later, I made Butterscotch pudding.. Used the 2010 recipe posted by "forty-caliber" which Kayelle suggested in the "Please share your chocolate pudding" thread..

Thank you Kayelle...

Ross

Put together the enchiladas and will serve with Mexican rice and refried beans.. Also a small green salad..

For later, I made Butterscotch pudding.. Used the 2010 recipe posted by "forty-caliber" which Kayelle suggested in the "Please share your chocolate pudding" thread..

Thank you Kayelle...

Ross
Can you please post the link to the Butterscotch pudding recipe. TIA

Grandson is visiting and he usually wants pasta. So tonight's dinner will be pasta with my tomato sauce and a salad.

Chicken here, too, gifted by my SIL when they cleaned out their fridge before skipping town. I have mushrooms to use up, a single-serve bottle of wine, again from my SIL (as if I didn't have enough of my own food stock to use up! :LOL: ), and an abundance of broccoli. Haven't decided on the starch yet.

I'm making myself a sub tonight. Bought some great looking sub buns and some turkey pastrami. I'll also add lettuce, tomato, onion, banana peppers and Italian dressing. Oh and Swiss cheese.

Dinner tonight will be Chicken soup for hub, DD#1 and I. Chicken stock is cooking.

Baked flounder, rice and asparagus (I'll have a few also) for DD#2.
Change of plans. Pizza parlor takeout. I'm getting children's order pasta and meatballs. Rest of family getting pizza.

Bright side - Chicken stock is done so I have a jump start on tomorrows dinner.

Thank you Kayelle...

Ross

That's interesting Ross..poaching the chicken in the sauce. I like it.

By the way, you told about how you make your sauce a while back and now I can't find it. Can your repeat?
I think you'll really like that pudding..I have to do that again soon.

For dinner tonight we're having pan fried loin lamb chops from Costco by way of Australia, or is that the other way around? Anyway, we'll also have some beautiful California artichokes (2 fer $3), and my rice pilaf. :yum:

Last edited:
My wife picked up a margherita pizza and chicken ceasar salad tonight. My boy ate almost an entire heart shaped box of chocolate this afternoon before dinner, so there's a couple of slices left for me.

I'm going to make mussels in a butter tomato sauce to go along with it.

Went out for dinner to wood fired oven place. Had their wings with caramelized onions for appy. I had a Margherita type pizza and Craig had a meatball, sausage, pepperoni pizza, as well as rigatoni Bolognese, he was hungry, and double espressos after dinner. He had a couple of draught Stellas and I had a couple of pinot grigios, plus a big bottle of San Pellegrino to share. Amarettos after we got home. I'm still wide awake from the espresso, which is SOP for me and the reason I don't have it often, Craig's already snoozing. Most of pizzas came home with us and will be breakfast/brunch tomorrow.

It’s 7pm here, and I still haven’t decided! Most likely Italian sausage sandwiches on the bread I baked this morning, but I’ve also got some frozen salmon fillets, and frozen chicken thighs. I’ve been craving pasta almost daily, for some reason, too, and spaghetti with salmon in a creamy sauce sounds good. Decisions, decisions!

Wonderful sounding dinners, and lots of inspiration!

I grabbed a few meatballs in sauce from the freezer this morning, thawed them, added some mozzarella, and had them over pasta this afternoon. It was just kind of OK. :)

Looking forward to what you ended up making, Joel.

I ended up digging out the box mix of Red Lobster cheese biscuits. They were tasty, but I think I won't bother buying them again.
IMG_20190215_221421815.jpg

I made tuna salad. I must have grabbed the worst bag of celery ever at the store. The stalks are all brown and chewed-up looking, hard to find usable pieces, and most is throw-away quality. Oh well.

I made tuna salad. I must have grabbed the worst bag of celery ever at the store. The stalks are all brown and chewed-up looking, hard to find usable pieces, and most is throw-away quality. Oh well.
That sounds good! I’ve got some canned tuna that I’d like to use before it evolves and grows legs and lungs. A tuna and pasta salad sounds perfect. Maybe with some horseradish and dill. What would you think if I added some corn? Hmmm...

Back
Top Bottom