What are you eating, Friday, 8-12-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Craig had a pizza topped with a fig sort of jam, prosciutto, with cheeses of moz, parm, fontina and gorgonzola. It's a bit much for me but one of his faves. I decided to try a piadina. No yeast pizza dough fried like flat bread, spread with roasted mashed garlic, couple slices of fresh moz, 2 parm crisps, tomato slices, a bit of lettuce and some sopressata, folded in half for a sammie. It was pretty good.

Hotter than predicted - 98 F when I got home from volunteering at tall ships visit. Fortunately cooler down by the pier, and had a nice breeze. Down to 79 F by dinnertime (6:30 PM). As planned, burgers on the grill, leftover pasta salad and cole slaw.

Brined and fried boneless Mexican pork chops tonight along with some sauted sliced zucchini/onion/peppers/cheese. Tater Tots for the SC.

Last edited:
Meatloaf +

img_1475740_0_bcbc5df538cbc8b3fdd12ddc6d75a835.jpg
img_1475740_1_e85169d2fd9ec413e25093a1d4f059e2.jpg

S&P, I wish you wouldn't do that! :LOL: I swear I'm going to short out the keypad on my laptop.

We're both feeling out-of-sorts today. Couple bad nights of sleep, drowsy days even with A/C in the house. Meh. We're grazing. Himself finished off the Italian sausages, I had cottage cheese with Greek seasoning. I might dig through the freezer to see if we have any TJ's appetizers we can rescue from the cold...

Got my calendar mixed up. I thought there was a neighborhood party tonight, but it's next week. Before I realized that, I spent much of the day shopping for and making antipasto salad with cannellini beans. By the time I was done, I didn't want any :LOL: So I made a big baked potato with cheese, bacon and sour cream. So good.

DH played golf and he and his friends went out to eat afterward.

Attachments

• 1471056788145.jpg
    1471056788145.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 146
We've had to come back down to Southern Arizona to go to doctor's appointments, AGAIN (we were here two weeks ago, at the same hotel ) ... oh well, it's nice to take a trip.
We had breakfast in our hotel and then went off and about for the day.
We saw that our former neighbor FINALLY sold their home as well, so we went by to see them and stopped into our former ClubHouse for lunch
IMG_2942.JPG IMG_2943.JPG
Salads, really good! A Southwest, fully loaded and a Greek, also loaded!
IMG_2945.JPG
We went back to our hotel for an late afternoon dip in the pool to cool off and their Hosted Happy Hour! Tonight it was Corn Dogs (yesterday was Beef Taquitos), Chips & Queso Dip with Salsa too, Veggies & Dip, Cheese cubes ... Man! How can you beat a free full hot breakfast AND evening snacks with beer, wine or soft drinks all included in your room rate!!
What a great find!
But wait!
This hotel is all suites (a separate bedroom, living area, with a fully equipped kitchen) so I can put together supper, that is IF we're not full from our evening snack... ;)

Last edited:
Great meals, guys!

DH and I went to a local Mexican restaurant, a few miles away from our usual Mexican place. They were quite busy. DH had tacos al pastor, and I ordered enchiladas Suisa. For some reason I thought my order would be with ground beef, but it was with chicken. Sorta had my mouth set on beef, my fault for not asking. Anyway, we should have done what we usually do, which is split a meal. We ended up taking home two boxes, and will have leftovers for the whole weekend.

Last edited:
Joey....mmmm, that meatloaf and gravy looks so good. :yum:

CG, hope you and the mister get out of the slumps soon. I know how that goes sometimes. :ermm:

This evening's dinner was a steamed artichoke with lemon and garlic butter, and a couple wedges of watermelon. Nothing pic worthy.

GG....I love baked potatoes with fixin's....that looks good!

Kgirl...I'd love to have some of that dinner. YUM.

Everyone's dinners sound so good this evening.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom