What are you eating Friday November 15, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
DD's ordered Tacos from La Taqueria. Hub and I had smoked pork chop and scrambled eggs. I didn't get a picture but here's an old picture of the chop. Was really good.

smoked_pork_chop_111519_P1090814.jpg

SV chicken breast browned in a skillet, toasted egg noodles in butter and parm, and broiled zucchini.

Did you put any seasoning on the zucchini? I have half a zucchini and half a summer squash I need to use.

Yes. It varies. This time I used GOYA adobo seasoning. Other rimes Penzeys 4S seasoned salt or some off the cuff combo.

We went out for dinner to a Korean p!ace. Korean fried dumplings and seafood pancakes for apps. Pork belly wraps for me, a HUGE amount of pork belly, I hardly made a dent. Spicy pork and squid bulgogi for Craig, and I do mean spicy. I took 1 bite and went for the rice and soju. Banchans were Korean boiled peanuts, bean sprout salad, kimchee, Korean potato salad and rice. Soju to drink.

I burned my poor finger on the serving dish for my pork belly. It came out sizzling, and I do mean sizzling. The end of my middle finger touched the metal platter for just an instant. I immediately stuck it in my ice water, but still have over a 1/2 long x over 1/4 inch wide blister.

I enjoyed cooking a manageable size pot of chicken soup tonight.

A big chicken breast started it all, and cleaning out the produce bins with carrot/celery/mushrooms/spinach/parsley joined the party along with leftover lemon orzo and some frozen peas. I added some heavy cream to the broth and it turned out really tasty. Hot Hawaiian rolls and butter were on the side.

Attachments

• PB150020[1].jpg
    PB150020[1].jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
We moved halfway across the state today to join up with SIL and her hubby today. After settling in to our units, we decided to have supper at the local Mellow Mushroom pizza. Pretty good, but I think I like my homemade Naan pizzas a wee bit better.

Oh dear Medtran, I hope that finger heals quickly and at least stops hurting soon.

We ordered from Mr. Falafel. I had a falafel platter with tabbouleh and Stirling had a chicken platter. It was really good. I made the dessert yesterday. It was a Danish recipe for stewed plums. I really like it.

We picked up some BBQ and cole slaw from our local Food Lion for lunch and supper yesterday. It's pretty good and we might have leftovers or supper tonight.

More of a case of missing my kitchen, GG. We ordered their "classic" dough, which was supposed to be a thicker crust. Well if you consider fold-able, like a think NY crust "thick", I guess this was thick. I do not want to find out what their thin crust is like. We had a thin crust pizza somewhere one - it was like eating pizza toppings on a bed of saltine crackers. Blech!

We're on our own tonight, and I offered to make all of us supper tomorrow. Time to head out grocery shopping so I can play in the kitchen. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom