What are you eating Friday the 13th of April, 2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hambone vege soup with fresh bread. I've made this bread twice now and it hasn't risen very well either time. The first time, something came up and I had to.stick it in fridge so thought it was my fault. Definitely not this time though as I followed directions exactly from start to finish for rising and baking times. It's not the yeast as I let it bloom and it was quite active. Actually, it's not that it doesn't rise, it just falls. The bread was good and actually has a decent crumb, just disappointed in the collapse.

Attachments

• 2018-04-13 17.33.48.jpg
    2018-04-13 17.33.48.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 94
Hambone vege soup with fresh bread. I've made this bread twice now and it hasn't risen very well either time. The first time, something came up and I had to.stick it in fridge so thought it was my fault. Definitely not this time though as I followed directions exactly from start to finish for rising and baking times. It's not the yeast as I let it bloom and it was quite active. Actually, it's not that it doesn't rise, it just falls. The bread was good and actually has a decent crumb, just disappointed in the collapse.

I've been making King Arthur Flour's English Muffin Toasting Bread. It sounds like just what you're looking for. It's delicious.

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/english-muffin-toasting-bread-recipe

Well it is soup day! I have wing tips, a rotisserie chicken backbone and parsley stems from the freezer. Fresh leek tops, onion (skin on), carrot (skin on), celery, 2 chicken breasts, water and 32 oz. box of chicken stock simmering on the stove.
Chicken Soup served over brown rice topped with fresh grated parm reg and pecorino romano.

chicken_soup_041318_IMG_3996.jpg

Back
Top Bottom