"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2018, 01:04 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

What are you eating Monday 8/13/2018?

Had yogurt for breakfast.
For lunch I had Half a mother goose liverwurst on hard roll sandwich and a bowl of chicken soup.
It’s been rainy and dreary for days.
I have a chuck roast which may be dinner (either soup, stew or pot roast TBDL). I may just make the soup. Whichever way will be cooked in the IP.

msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:08 PM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Had yogurt for breakfast.
For lunch I had Half a mother goose liverwurst on hard roll sandwich...

Liverwurst! Thanks for the reminder. I think I'll pick up some on Thursday.

Tonight's dinner will be chili mac and tossed salad.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:15 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Woke up this morning to a welcomed break in the heat...woo hoo!
It's just gorgeous out there today so my Day Camp by the grill is in the plan for later.
I have lots of freezer choices for the grill but don't know just what I'll do yet.
Back later..

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:37 PM   #4
Head Chef

I made an American recipe of easy chili, I had everything at home.

It was 2 pound of ground meat, onion, spices, 2 cups of sweet baby ray BBQ sauce, 2 cups stock, hot sauce and 1 tablespoon of tomato puree. Well 2 cups of BBQ sauce is way too sweet for us , Swedish food is seldom that sweet , so I took 1 ½ cup tomatoes instead and then BBQ sauce.. It turned out sweet but with some soy and vinegar turned ok.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:15 PM   #5
Head Chef

Monday is "do laundry @ daughters house" day which usually calls for a stop at Einstein Bagels afterward... A bagel w/smear seems to last us through most of the day so, dinner will be something really light and simple..

Poached egg on toast?

Small green salad?

Left over shrimp chow mein?

Whatever we decide, there will be bread pudding later..

Ross
Old 08-13-2018, 04:09 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Put cream and fruit on that bread pudding and call it a full, nutritious meal, Ross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakePoet View Post

It was 2 pound of ground meat, onion, spices, 2 cups of sweet baby ray BBQ sauce, 2 cups stock, hot sauce and 1 tablespoon of tomato puree. Well 2 cups of BBQ sauce is way too sweet for us , Swedish food is seldom that sweet , so I took 1 ½ cup tomatoes instead and then BBQ sauce.. It turned out sweet but with some soy and vinegar turned ok.
I have no idea where you got that recipe, CP, but I have been making chili for decades and have never seen BBQ sauce as one of the ingredients. Sadly, it looks like you found the one recipe developed by someone with a huge sweet tooth.

We have some rolls that need to be used up before they start sprouting beards. I made tuna salad last night (tuna, eggs, celery, capers, grainy Dijon, lemon juice - nice, bright, and tangy), and will be making salads to go along side. I also have a package of krab sticks, what with all of the chatter here at DC about them lately. Thinking of making a salad for sandwiches with that, too. Can't decide if I want to put a touch of shallot into the mix or not. Decisions, decisions...

"The only running I do anymore is running late..."~~~moi
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:22 PM   #7
Head Chef

I packed up the leftover kalua pork and, using Polynesian navigational skills, headed east to Mexico for taco Monday. By the way, it's a lot easier finding Mexico than trying navigate going the other direction.

It's pretty amazing to think that the ancient Polynesians could navigate around the Pacific and find these islands without the benefit of even a compass. Scientists still aren't really sure how they did it.
tenspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:36 PM   #8
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Put cream and fruit on that bread pudding and call it a full, nutritious meal, Ross.

I had whipped enough cream for two days so, that parts covered.. I have some sliced peaches in the fridge also..
I am taking your suggestion to heart..

I call it a full, nutritious meal....

Ross
Old 08-13-2018, 04:43 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakePoet View Post

Some advice from Texas... don't use BBQ sauce in your chili. The rest of your ingredients are okay. What spices did you use?

CD
Old 08-13-2018, 04:47 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post

I have no idea where you got that recipe, CP, but I have been making chili for decades and have never seen BBQ sauce as one of the ingredients. Sadly, it looks like you found the one recipe developed by someone with a huge sweet tooth.

We have some rolls that need to be used up before they start sprouting beards. I made tuna salad last night (tuna, eggs, celery, capers, grainy Dijon, lemon juice - nice, bright, and tangy), and will be making salads to go along side. I also have a package of krab sticks, what with all of the chatter here at DC about them lately. Thinking of making a salad for sandwiches with that, too. Can't decide if I want to put a touch of shallot into the mix or not. Decisions, decisions...
Krab sticks... compressed fish parts. Kinda' like the Chicken McNuggets of seafood.

CD

Tags
eating