What are you eating Monday 8/13/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Had yogurt for breakfast.
For lunch I had Half a mother goose liverwurst on hard roll sandwich and a bowl of chicken soup.
It’s been rainy and dreary for days.
I have a chuck roast which may be dinner (either soup, stew or pot roast TBDL). I may just make the soup. Whichever way will be cooked in the IP.

Last edited:
Had yogurt for breakfast.
For lunch I had Half a mother goose liverwurst on hard roll sandwich...

Liverwurst! Thanks for the reminder. I think I'll pick up some on Thursday.

Tonight's dinner will be chili mac and tossed salad.

Woke up this morning to a welcomed break in the heat...woo hoo!
It's just gorgeous out there today so my Day Camp by the grill is in the plan for later.
I have lots of freezer choices for the grill but don't know just what I'll do yet.
Back later..

I made an American recipe of easy chili, I had everything at home.

It was 2 pound of ground meat, onion, spices, 2 cups of sweet baby ray BBQ sauce, 2 cups stock, hot sauce and 1 tablespoon of tomato puree. Well 2 cups of BBQ sauce is way too sweet for us , Swedish food is seldom that sweet , so I took 1 ½ cup tomatoes instead and then BBQ sauce.. It turned out sweet but with some soy and vinegar turned ok.

Monday is "do laundry @ daughters house" day which usually calls for a stop at Einstein Bagels afterward... A bagel w/smear seems to last us through most of the day so, dinner will be something really light and simple..

Poached egg on toast?

Small green salad?

Left over shrimp chow mein?

Whatever we decide, there will be bread pudding later.. ;)

Ross

Put cream and fruit on that bread pudding and call it a full, nutritious meal, Ross.

It was 2 pound of ground meat, onion, spices, 2 cups of sweet baby ray BBQ sauce, 2 cups stock, hot sauce and 1 tablespoon of tomato puree. Well 2 cups of BBQ sauce is way too sweet for us , Swedish food is seldom that sweet , so I took 1 ½ cup tomatoes instead and then BBQ sauce.. It turned out sweet but with some soy and vinegar turned ok.
I have no idea where you got that recipe, CP, but I have been making chili for decades and have never seen BBQ sauce as one of the ingredients. Sadly, it looks like you found the one recipe developed by someone with a huge sweet tooth. :ermm:

We have some rolls that need to be used up before they start sprouting beards. I made tuna salad last night (tuna, eggs, celery, capers, grainy Dijon, lemon juice - nice, bright, and tangy), and will be making salads to go along side. I also have a package of krab sticks, what with all of the chatter here at DC about them lately. Thinking of making a salad for sandwiches with that, too. Can't decide if I want to put a touch of shallot into the mix or not. Decisions, decisions...

I packed up the leftover kalua pork and, using Polynesian navigational skills, headed east to Mexico for taco Monday. By the way, it's a lot easier finding Mexico than trying navigate going the other direction.

It's pretty amazing to think that the ancient Polynesians could navigate around the Pacific and find these islands without the benefit of even a compass. Scientists still aren't really sure how they did it.

Some advice from Texas... don't use BBQ sauce in your chili. The rest of your ingredients are okay. What spices did you use?

CD

Put cream and fruit on that bread pudding and call it a full, nutritious meal, Ross.

I have no idea where you got that recipe, CP, but I have been making chili for decades and have never seen BBQ sauce as one of the ingredients. Sadly, it looks like you found the one recipe developed by someone with a huge sweet tooth. :ermm:

We have some rolls that need to be used up before they start sprouting beards. I made tuna salad last night (tuna, eggs, celery, capers, grainy Dijon, lemon juice - nice, bright, and tangy), and will be making salads to go along side. I also have a package of krab sticks, what with all of the chatter here at DC about them lately. Thinking of making a salad for sandwiches with that, too. Can't decide if I want to put a touch of shallot into the mix or not. Decisions, decisions...

Krab sticks... compressed fish parts. Kinda' like the Chicken McNuggets of seafood. :LOL:

CD

Now that I have critiqued Cake Poet and CG, I must confess that I have no idea what to have for supper. :angel:

It has been raining most of the day (and I am lovin' it). Grilling is not an option.

CD

Our evening fare tonight will include eggplant Parmesan using our own just-picked eggplant, along with sauce made from our Roma tomatoes and, again, fresh basil from our garden. I made some French bread this morning that was introduced to roasted garlic, butter and salt. Don't think we'll need dessert.

I packed up the leftover kalua pork and, using Polynesian navigational skills, headed east to Mexico for taco Monday. By the way, it's a lot easier finding Mexico than trying navigate going the other direction.

It's pretty amazing to think that the ancient Polynesians could navigate around the Pacific and find these islands without the benefit of even a compass. Scientists still aren't really sure how they did it.

Tenspeed, did you make Tacos from the pork and pineapple? That might be good with some jalapenos added :yum:

As for how the Polynesians got around the vast Oceans of the Earth, this might be an interesting site :
Hōkūleʻa — Polynesian Voyaging Society

We were so fortunate on our last day in Honolulu this past May, to see the Hokule'a sail out
DSC00214.jpg

Oh, dinner, that's right, sorry ...

We had some of Misss Neighbor-Across-The-Street's sauce leftover from last night, and seeing as today is National Left Handers Day, I made my southpaw husband a lovely big lunch
001.jpg

IMG_3789.jpg

Rigatoni is his favorite shape of pasta, and we're now trying to have a large meal of the day in the afternoon.
So dinner will be a modest salad.

Texas Trash with tostitos, some freezer pickles, and a few pieces of caramel pecan turtle things called Gremlins.

Back
Top Bottom