What are you eating Monday January 11, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I got all the meat cooked up - used half for spaghetti sauce shown here (which is half beef, half Italian sausage). Tomorrow I will portion half of it up into 1, 2 and three portion containers for meal and DH's lunches. The other half will become lasagna, which will also be portioned up (and that will be half regular and half gluten/lactose free lasagna).
SpaghettiSauce100111.jpg

The other half of the meat will be used for chili and meat pies. But at least it is all cooked up.

Oh, yeah, we had spaghetti tonight!

I use kidney beans, black beans and cannelli (or white kidney) beans. If I am making vegetarian chili I also add pinto beans and green lentils.

What about you, LadyCook?
I also use Black beans , kidney beans and cannelli . If I don't have either of those in the pantry, then I will use pinto beans, roman beans, chickpeas. I try to stock up on beans, January is canned beans sales at the store I go to.

i pounded out a chicken thigh, then flash fried it. put on a large egg bun. mayo etc. oh yeah i heated the buns in my toaster. it was good , few fritos and a glass of tea. just enough.

I also use Black beans , kidney beans and cannelli . If I don't have either of those in the pantry, then I will use pinto beans, roman beans, chickpeas. I try to stock up on beans, January is canned beans sales at the store I go to.
Shop-Rite can can sale? LOL :LOL: thats what we have going on at the moment.

i grazed- a few of those & a sip of that. jake cooked himself chix nuggets & baby pierogies. that was before he shattered my chinese bowl & dropped that on my beloved square plate & knocked a chunk of that into the sink.
i banished him from my cabinets; he's to either use disposable dishes or plastic bowls for his food.

I did a bad thing - I had 7 homemade Chocolate Chunk Espresso Cookies for dinner.

Today we had a salad (just some Romaine lettuce, tomatoes and green and red peppers), some Bison Burgers with Hickory Barbeque sauce and Velveeta cheese slices and some McCain's Superfries for supper. I didn't really feel like getting too fancy, plus I thought the BF would like it. :)

those sound good. did you bake them? if so would you share the recipe (or give a link)?

Sure, msmofet,
First a few notes:
I baked them at 3 different temperatures on parchment lined baking sheets, and made them larger than indicated (I did rounded Tbsp instead of tsp, rolled into balls). The first batch was as listed on the recipe at 325 F, and I found they took too long to bake, spread too much, and were not chewy inside after cooling. The second batch was at 350 F for 10 minutes, and they were crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside - The last batch was at 375 F for 9 minutes - again, crispy on the outside and even more chewy on the inside. I have to see how the textures are tomorrow, but I know I do not like the 325 original temperature. It's between the 350 and the 375, and I'll probably go for the 375, but we'll see.

Also, I used 1/4 cup instant espresso instead of 1/2 cup instant coffee, and added 3 extra Tbsp sugar, since the espresso was so strong (I use Cuban espresso - it's extra strong). And I omitted the nuts.

I chilled the dough overnight, and the cookies still spread out a lot, but they're delicious!

Here's the link - let me know if you try them!
Chocolate Chunk Coffee Cookies - Sweet Mary

Sure, msmofet,
First a few notes:
I baked them at 3 different temperatures on parchment lined baking sheets, and made them larger than indicated (I did rounded Tbsp instead of tsp, rolled into balls). The first batch was as listed on the recipe at 325 F, and I found they took too long to bake, spread too much, and were not chewy inside after cooling. The second batch was at 350 F for 10 minutes, and they were crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside - The last batch was at 375 F for 9 minutes - again, crispy on the outside and even more chewy on the inside. I have to see how the textures are tomorrow, but I know I do not like the 325 original temperature. It's between the 350 and the 375, and I'll probably go for the 375, but we'll see.

Also, I used 1/4 cup instant espresso instead of 1/2 cup instant coffee, and added 3 extra Tbsp sugar, since the espresso was so strong (I use Cuban espresso - it's extra strong). And I omitted the nuts.

I chilled the dough overnight, and the cookies still spread out a lot, but they're delicious!

Here's the link - let me know if you try them!
Chocolate Chunk Coffee Cookies - Sweet Mary
thank you

You're welcome. Note: I made an error on my post - I added an extra 2 Tbsp sugar, not 3.

Back
Top Bottom