"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #21
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,926
Well, I got all the meat cooked up - used half for spaghetti sauce shown here (which is half beef, half Italian sausage). Tomorrow I will portion half of it up into 1, 2 and three portion containers for meal and DH's lunches. The other half will become lasagna, which will also be portioned up (and that will be half regular and half gluten/lactose free lasagna).
Click image for larger version

Name:	SpaghettiSauce100111.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	7811

The other half of the meat will be used for chili and meat pies. But at least it is all cooked up.

Oh, yeah, we had spaghetti tonight!
__________________

__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:04 PM   #22
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: E. Pa.
Posts: 8,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I use kidney beans, black beans and cannelli (or white kidney) beans. If I am making vegetarian chili I also add pinto beans and green lentils.

What about you, LadyCook?
I also use Black beans , kidney beans and cannelli . If I don't have either of those in the pantry, then I will use pinto beans, roman beans, chickpeas. I try to stock up on beans, January is canned beans sales at the store I go to.
__________________

__________________
LadyCook61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,349
i pounded out a chicken thigh, then flash fried it. put on a large egg bun. mayo etc. oh yeah i heated the buns in my toaster. it was good , few fritos and a glass of tea. just enough.
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:30 PM   #24
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
I also use Black beans , kidney beans and cannelli . If I don't have either of those in the pantry, then I will use pinto beans, roman beans, chickpeas. I try to stock up on beans, January is canned beans sales at the store I go to.
Shop-Rite can can sale? LOL thats what we have going on at the moment.
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:55 PM   #25
Master Chef
 
luvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: da 'burgh
Posts: 9,673
i grazed- a few of those & a sip of that. jake cooked himself chix nuggets & baby pierogies. that was before he shattered my chinese bowl & dropped that on my beloved square plate & knocked a chunk of that into the sink.
i banished him from my cabinets; he's to either use disposable dishes or plastic bowls for his food.
__________________
i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:17 AM   #26
Head Chef
 
merstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,002
I did a bad thing - I had 7 homemade Chocolate Chunk Espresso Cookies for dinner.
__________________
"Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces."
merstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:19 AM   #27
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by merstar View Post
I did a bad thing - I had 7 homemade Chocolate Chunk Espresso Cookies for dinner.
those sound good. did you bake them? if so would you share the recipe (or give a link)?
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:42 AM   #28
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 5
Smile

Today we had a salad (just some Romaine lettuce, tomatoes and green and red peppers), some Bison Burgers with Hickory Barbeque sauce and Velveeta cheese slices and some McCain's Superfries for supper. I didn't really feel like getting too fancy, plus I thought the BF would like it. :)
__________________
CookinKhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:36 AM   #29
Head Chef
 
merstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
those sound good. did you bake them? if so would you share the recipe (or give a link)?
Sure, msmofet,
First a few notes:
I baked them at 3 different temperatures on parchment lined baking sheets, and made them larger than indicated (I did rounded Tbsp instead of tsp, rolled into balls). The first batch was as listed on the recipe at 325 F, and I found they took too long to bake, spread too much, and were not chewy inside after cooling. The second batch was at 350 F for 10 minutes, and they were crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside - The last batch was at 375 F for 9 minutes - again, crispy on the outside and even more chewy on the inside. I have to see how the textures are tomorrow, but I know I do not like the 325 original temperature. It's between the 350 and the 375, and I'll probably go for the 375, but we'll see.

Also, I used 1/4 cup instant espresso instead of 1/2 cup instant coffee, and added 3 extra Tbsp sugar, since the espresso was so strong (I use Cuban espresso - it's extra strong). And I omitted the nuts.

I chilled the dough overnight, and the cookies still spread out a lot, but they're delicious!

Here's the link - let me know if you try them!
Chocolate Chunk Coffee Cookies - Sweet Mary
__________________
"Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces."
merstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:10 AM   #30
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by merstar View Post
Sure, msmofet,
First a few notes:
I baked them at 3 different temperatures on parchment lined baking sheets, and made them larger than indicated (I did rounded Tbsp instead of tsp, rolled into balls). The first batch was as listed on the recipe at 325 F, and I found they took too long to bake, spread too much, and were not chewy inside after cooling. The second batch was at 350 F for 10 minutes, and they were crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside - The last batch was at 375 F for 9 minutes - again, crispy on the outside and even more chewy on the inside. I have to see how the textures are tomorrow, but I know I do not like the 325 original temperature. It's between the 350 and the 375, and I'll probably go for the 375, but we'll see.

Also, I used 1/4 cup instant espresso instead of 1/2 cup instant coffee, and added 3 extra Tbsp sugar, since the espresso was so strong (I use Cuban espresso - it's extra strong). And I omitted the nuts.

I chilled the dough overnight, and the cookies still spread out a lot, but they're delicious!

Here's the link - let me know if you try them!
Chocolate Chunk Coffee Cookies - Sweet Mary
thank you
__________________

__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.