What are you eating Monday July 15, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight I'm planning to make a shrimp scampi recipe which I'll have with bread, asparagus and a glass or two of wine.

Salad
no oil catalina tomato dressing
3 kinds of lettuce from the lettuce garden
tomato
3 bean and corn mixture
wheat berries
brown lentils and mung beans
sweet pickles

I made a salad, to hold me over to the late dinner - the Thai curry. Instead of just eating those tomatoes constantly, like candy, I made an Israeli salad, with a bunch of halved and quartered cherry tomatoes, a diced cucumber, some chopped mint and parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, and some chives, instead of the traditional raw onion. And with the last third or so, while I was eating it, I put a small amount of sumac on it, just to see, and it was really good! Next time, I'll put it on all of it, and reduce the lemon some, so I can add more sumac.

We ordered pizza. Stirling ordered a "New York" pizza and got something else. It had bacon and ham cubes. I got my correct "Mexican pizza with bianca sauce and no tomatoes". It was pretty darned good. We had red wine with it.

A take on Momofuku's pork belly buns. One has a spread of hoisin and Sriracha. The other has a homemade variant of Chinese hot mustard.

Attachments

• 2019-07-15 20.15.39.jpg
    2019-07-15 20.15.39.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 112
Sandwich Monday at the doghouse. Black Forrest ham, white American cheese, letuce, red onion, and mayo on a roll. Dill pickle and Kettle chips on the side.

CD

I made that Thai green curry last night, with almost the same veggies (okra, onion, eggplant) as the red curry last week, except that bitter melon, and a few beans (just to use them up). I salted the melon, but I think it was unnecessary - this one wasn't that bitter. However, it was the first one of this variety, so I didn't take any chances! Still, the flavor was great, and while we were tasting in the beginning, to test for heat, salt, and sweet, we all (not just me!) said that it needed some more heat, so I cut the 6 leftover Thai peppers I had lengthwise, and put them in to simmer, and release their heat. Still wasn't too hot for anyone, though one was watching closely for the chile halves!

I made some more of that jasmine rice/millet mix to serve it on, and some quick pickles on the side - something I almost always have with these types of things.
Thai green curry, just starting out adding the vegetables. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Thai green curry, finished cooking in just 24 min. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Thai green curry, finished off heat, with Thai basil. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Thai green curry, served on millet/jasmine rice mix. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom