What are you eating Monday June 24, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
On the days I go food shopping I don't usually eat breakfast.
So it's Brunch I guess.

Rotisserie chicken (leg & breast meat) and a quarter of a salt bagel with a cream cheese and lox schmear.

brunch_chicken_lox_062419_IMG_5931.JPG

And DD had a small piece of Entenmanns Crumb cake and a small piece of ShopRite Peach Pie (I'll have mine later).

brunch_crumb_cake_peach_pie_062419_IMG_5934.JPG

Not sure what dinner will be yet. Many choices available. TBDL

June 24

Last edited:
We just got back from a Costco run so it will be rotisserie chicken, pilaf and cole slaw for tonight's dinner.

Watermelon, wwpasta with vegetables, white bean dressing, and spicy tomato/pinto beans.

Enchiburritos, refried beans, a green salad and warm tortillas..

Didn't plan a dessert so, I will bake off a small batch recipe of cinnamon rolls..

Ross

I had a small eye round steak, scrambled eggs and rye toast. I had my peach pie for dessert.

Craig made the short ribs yesterday, stock, mirepoix, red wine, tomato. Potato and parsnip mash. The short ribs were an Asian market purchase, $6 a pound.

Attachments

• 2019-06-24 18.38.24.jpg
    2019-06-24 18.38.24.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 105
It's summertime on the coast! The local lobster pound is now open, so I picked up two halves (1-1/2 lb. lobsters), and 2 lbs. of steamers. The lobsters were really hard shell, and it took a meat mallet to crack them. I think they were the tastiest lobsters we've had in a long time.

Sides were cole slaw, and Bushs grillin beans enhanced with bacon.

I picked up a small lobster to cook while I was at it, as I'm planning to make lobster ravioli tomorrow. Never made lobster ravioli before - wish me luck!

I am getting brave and will go shopping by myself on Friday. I intend to get about only four items. Spike has always gone with me picked up the foods on my list in the produce department. I will picking up some frozen shrimp and if the price is right, one small lobster. I love seafood and really need to get some nutrition into me. I never pass up any seafood.

I haven't had a real meal since Scott died. He used to do all the cooking.

Last edited:
It was a grilled dinner on this beautiful day with my music, wine and good book.

I had a small piece of brined pork loin and it joined spears of fresh pineapple along with a basket of marinated veggies, and a scoop of potato salad for the finished plate.

Attachments

• P6240013[1].jpg
    P6240013[1].jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 109
Seitan and veggie stir fry. Keep it very simple but it was good.

Attachments

• StirfryMainSmall.jpg
    StirfryMainSmall.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 99
Last night I threw together a sambar in the IP, using the small eggplant, the few okra, and the bok choy greens, from the garden. I added about 1/3 c rex quinoa to the toor dal, to add some nutrition, and thicken it even more. I used the end of my sambar masala, so I'll have to make another batch soon.
Finished sambar, with eggplant, okra, and greens. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Last edited:
Since we had a nibble feast last night, I still had leftovers from the end of last week. After his side salad, Himself finished up the last pork chop with apples and shallots, and cleaned up the sides to boot. Then there was the rotisserie chicken. Since I enjoyed my big dinner salad so much the other day, I made another for my supper today.

...I haven't had a real meal since Scott died. He used to do all the cooking.
Don't you have those meals delivered to you anymore, Addie? I would think that, now more than ever, elder services would make sure you continued on that program.

DD worked late last night. When she got home she made butter chicken and rice. First time I’ve had it. Was pretty good. Hot and spicy but didn’t give me heartburn.

I picked up the seasoning packet at food store. Just cook chicken and onions. Add packet tomato sauce simmer, add cream simmer. Serve over rice. Quick easy meal. Only DD and I would eat this. The other two in the house are whimpys. LOL

I’ll buy it again.

butter_chicken.jpg

I also started a batch of pickles.

Hub picked up two packages of the large Kirby cucumber/pickles - 8 pickles. I prepped 4 quart jars. I had to cut the cukes in half to fit. So 2 to the jar - 1 whole and 1 cut in half in each jar.

DD worked late last night. When she got home she made butter chicken and rice. First time I’ve had it. Was pretty good. Hot and spicy but didn’t give me heartburn.

I picked up the seasoning packet at food store. Just cook chicken and onions. Add packet tomato sauce simmer, add cream simmer. Serve over rice. Quick easy meal. Only DD and I would eat this. The other two in the house are whimpys. LOL

I’ll buy it again...

One of our Indian neighbors taught me how to make butter chicken. It's out of this world! One of my favorite recipes.

Friday, for our monthly neighborhood cocktail party and potluck, I made Turkish kofte (meatballs) served over hummus with grilled flatbread. So last night, I used the leftovers to make basically the same thing, topped with a little chopped tomato and fresh parsley, along with salads. I toasted the leftover bread and drizzled it with olive oil and za'atar. Was quite good.
0624192031a.jpg0624192050.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom