What are you eating on Canada Day (July 1st)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol, i knew it. i graduated from high school the same year.

i'm a canuck in spirit. probably one of the few 'mericans that knows your national anthem (english only) by heart.
too many can-am hockey games and skiing trips to not remember it. my son loves to get me to sing it out loud at devils vs. montreal, tronto, or other can-am hockey games. i really belt it out for fun.

btw, it should be am-can, alphabetically speaking. :D

Last edited:
I was thinking it was 1980, I'm totally impressed that you knew it was '82. You're more Canadian than I am! And I don't think too many english speaking Canadians know the french bits of the anthem. I know all of your anthem too. My claim to trivia fame is that I know that there are 3 more verses of the American anthem that are never sung.

BTW, glad to have ya, eh. Come on up for a Timmies and a Bud when you have time. ;)

lol, you know i'm gonna take you up on that one day. romise.

knowing the extra verses on the star spangled banana? that's impressive.

pitchers of kootenays ale on me if you know the extra verses of america, the beautiful.

somethin about alabaster and crushing opponents, or some such...

Last edited:
Thanks for all the get well wishes everyone. I am feeling better this morning but DH is still under the weather. He is deciding whether or not to go to work today. Big part of that decision is he drives people, many with immune deficiencies who don't need a flu bug! On the other side of it, that's probably where he got it and gave it to me! :wacko:

Oh, and it is never too late to wish my country happy birthday....besides, many people get today off because it was on a Sunday! And Bucky, she is very proud of her 145 years! :rolleyes:

Okay, I started my post before the Alix/BT banter.

Are you two just goofing off as usual, or am I missing something about Canada's age? :ermm::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Canada was a colony/dominion of the British Empire until 1982. We became a nation independent of Britain then. I think it was called the Constitution Act? BT, did I get it right? ;)

So what that basically means is that although we've been a country for 145 years, for only 30 of those we have been independent of the British Empire.

lol, you know i'm gonna take you up on that one day. romise.

knowing the extra verses on the star spangled banana? that's impressive.

pitchers of kootenays ale on me if you know the extra verses of america, the beautiful.

somethin about alabaster and crushing opponents, or some such...

Dang! No kootenays for me. I couldn't sing one bit of America the Beautiful. Sorry. I doubt I could even recognize the tune.

Name the date and time my friend and I'll put fresh sheets on the guest bed and go shopping for yummy eats. Try and make it a summer visit so we can enjoy the deck. ;) It gets a bit bitter in the winter.

Well, we ended up getting a Canada Day present....the flu :sick:

we have been drinking tea and broth and that's about it. Sure glad I didn't plan any meal today!

Sorry to hear you have got the flu LP, hope that you are feeling better real soon!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom