What are you eating Saturday 11/18/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
The plan at the moment is strip steak, broccoli rabe and possibly pan fried potatoes. But things can change.

Out to friends for dinner and cards, this afternoon.. She is ordering pizza and putting together a green salad..

I baked peach cobbler but, we decided to keep it... :LOL: ...so, I ran out to a little bakery here and picked up a freshly baked coconut cream pie to take.. :yum:

Ross

Wine. And appetizers. Tonight is the monthly wine tasting, where the host selects the wines, and the rest of the attendees bring appetizers and desserts.

Cold Beer
Fried Catfish
Turnip + Mustard greens + roots + salt pork + tasso = :yum:
Pone of Cornbread + Jalapenos.
Baked Sweet Tator.
Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla.
Coffee.

Ooh! I went a small plate at everyone's homes tonight!

Today is our One Year Anniversary in our new home,
so we're going out to celebrate. We're having dinner
at one of the Italian Restaurants in town.
Our builder gave us a lovely gift basket when we
first moved in and there was a very generous
gift certificate for this restaurant that we still
haven't used up :)

Cold Beer
Fried Catfish
Turnip + Mustard greens + roots + salt pork + tasso = :yum:
Pone of Cornbread + Jalapenos.
Baked Sweet Tator.
Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla.
Coffee.

I'm relocating to Missouri in January and fried catfish is one of my favorites, which I've missed since we last lived there.. Can't wait to have some.. :yum:

Ross

Pulled pork on a roll, smoked gouda mac-n-cheese, baked beans, and a salad with Russian dressing, courtesy of the Sports Dept..

Roasted asparagus & garlic,ginger shrimp.....

39817-albums371-picture7165.jpg
[/IMG]

My ribeye turned out well. Medium rare with a nice crust. My sous chef, Uncle Ben made some rice to go with it.

CD

Attachments

• Steak-11-17.jpg
    Steak-11-17.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 139
Last night on the road, so we did a quick stop at Chick-fil-a. I had a small bowl of soup and their version of a Cobb salad. Himself had a club sandwich with their awesome waffle fries and a Coke. I was good - I didn't steal any fries. [emoji4]

I am looking forward to stopping at our favorite CT diner, Blue Colony, for a proper dinner tomorrow, followed by a sweet night's sleep in my own bed. *sigh*

Last edited:
We had chopped steaks with mushrooms and onions, and french fries cooked via cold oil technique.

Big hunkin Ribeye - Medium Rare with some mashed potatoes with onion gravy. The last of the crab legs from the sale at Kroger a couple months back

Back
Top Bottom