"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2019, 02:38 AM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Dinner and a movie tonight: grocery fish department fresh fried haddock, Ore-Ida waffle fries, and Green Giant Niblets canned corn. Heated up a leftover biscuit from last night. Added a few grape tomatoes for color. Voila!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190216_205558483.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	33660

Old 02-17-2019, 10:57 AM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

I picked up a couple of sandwich combos for my wife and son yesterday for lunch from a deli that specializes in unique sandwiches and bagels. I guess I'm getting cheap in my old age because I thought $9 each for a couple of slices of roast beef and cheese on a roll with a pickle spear and a small handful of chips was a rip off.

So, one my way into work I stopped at a great little inexpensive deli and bought a hero roll, ($1), a half pound of Boar's Head roast beef ($4), a half pound of Boar's head American cheese ($2.50), a whole deli pickle ($1), and a medium bag of chips ($2).

For $1.50 more, I had a huge combo that I could barely finish, and I still have more than 1/4 lb of cheese and some chips left that my son scarfed down as soon as I got home.

I'm cheap, but well fed.

buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:05 AM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Forgot to mention that GG...It was very green to start with all the green peppers and tomatillo's and then I thought it needed a little tomato paste for some sweetness. That's when the tube malfunctioned. I think it was fate, as it tasted better then.
It looks muy delicioso
Old 02-17-2019, 11:29 AM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

I made a take on this Lebanese chicken braised with lemon and olives: https://www.maureenabood.com/braised...es-and-smiles/

I replaced the seasonings with za'atar and Aleppo pepper and used capers instead of olives. I served it with the orzo and rice pilaf we've been enjoying so much, and a green salad. Oh, and a piece of crispy chicken skin Dessert was a chocolate from the box of handmade chocolates I traded for with a jar of honey. So good.
Click image for larger version

Name:	0216192022a.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	33662Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-02-17-12-29-31.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	33663
Old 02-17-2019, 11:44 AM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I made a take on this Lebanese chicken braised with lemon and olives: https://www.maureenabood.com/braised...es-and-smiles/

I replaced the seasonings with za'atar and Aleppo pepper and used capers instead of olives. I served it with the orzo and rice pilaf we've been enjoying so much, and a green salad. Oh, and a piece of crispy chicken skin Dessert was a chocolate from the box of handmade chocolates I traded for with a jar of honey. So good.
Attachment 33662Attachment 33663

Oh boy! That's my kind of recipe GG! I'll be making it very soon.

Great trade with the honey for those gorgeous handmade chocolates. Thanks to your bees you got a great deal. Good job boys!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:35 PM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Oh boy! That's my kind of recipe GG! I'll be making it very soon.

Great trade with the honey for those gorgeous handmade chocolates. Thanks to your bees you got a great deal. Good job boys!
Just FYI, most of the bees are girls The worker bees - tens of thousands of them - and the queen, of course, are all female. There are only a couple hundred drones (male bees) during the time when the queen does her mating flight. Then, their usefulness is over and the girls throw them out of the hive. It's a pretty violent society
Old 02-17-2019, 01:06 PM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Yep, I misspoke ... I knew the girls ruled the hive. Very interesting society...Good job girls!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eating