What are you eating Saturday 6/30/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
As of now dinner plan is something with a chuck roast done in the Instant Pot.
I may try sous vide for the first time. If I have 2 - 3 hours available later.

Last edited:
I'll be grilling pork chops. For sides I'll make either lo mein or sesame noodles and a veggie for me, a salad for SO.

I defrosted some pulled pork spelunked from the deep freeze, so sandwich with cheese and SBR bbq sauce. I also located some frozen strawberries and sliced peaches, so I'll concoct some sort of fruit sauce.

We are having friends over for a light dinner menu tonight. Choices are reuben reubens, pastrami reubens, egg salad with lettuce tomatoes for veggie friend, and I am can make a peanut butter bender for the young tyke who doesn't like "anything." Potato chips and cole slaw. I think they are bringing something too. Birthday cake and ice cream for dessert.

I made 2 BBQ sauces.

DD didn't want the chuck steak so we decided to have tuna. Hub and DD had tuna salad and I had tuna in a bowl with black and green olives and lemon juice.

I'll post recipes and pictures of the sauces after they chill and IF they turned out good.

I grilled a bine-in pork loin chop seasoned with Slap Y' Mama cajun seasoning. I cooked some Minute Rice and added some shredded cheddar cheese to go with it.

CD

Recipes posted here >>> Sauces, Marinades, Rubs > Sauces

Cherry Ancho BBQ Sauce

bbq_sauce_cherry_ancho_063018_IMG_4406.jpg

Peach BBQ Sauce

bbq_sauce_peach_chipotle_063018_1_IMG_4417.jpg

Last edited:
I did some "Bahn Mi style" sandwiches out of fried chicken breast cutlets, complete with shredded and marinated daikon radish/carrot/red onion slaw on toasted Bolillo rolls.

Really tasty!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom