What are you eating Saturday 7/14/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Use 2 8X8 pans. Freeze one.
I no longer use 8X8's... I gave away 90% of my cooking/baking things when I left Cali.. I am adapting quite well here in MO.. :)

For sheet cakes and brownies I use 5X7 glass dishes and I use two and freeze one or take it to my daughter and SIL..

Through trial and error I have become pretty good at reducing recipes and I also read Cristina Lane's site (dessert for two) and follow her methods..

Ross

I no longer use 8X8's... I gave away 90% of my cooking/baking things when I left Cali.. I am adapting quite well here in MO.. :)

For sheet cakes and brownies I use 5X7 glass dishes and I use two and freeze one or take it to my daughter and SIL..

Through trial and error I have become pretty good at reducing recipes and I also read Cristina Lane's site (dessert for two) and follow her methods..

Ross

How about disposable foil cake pans? These are 8X8 and have lids. Just trying to be helpful. Katie has a wonderful chocolate cake recipe that makes a 9X13 cake and suggested I could make 2 8X8 cakes.

30A80BFD-C15C-42FC-97A0-3ADCD3D7F145.jpg

B12B4BCB-CE02-4D19-AE1B-09466258EC3D.jpg

Last edited:
Our dinner club met last night. I know I've been asked to post photos before, and it seems like I never remember to take them. So last night I made a point of remembering.

I brought a "shrimp-tini" appetizer, paired with French Muscadet wine. For the salad/soup course, our friends Terry and Betty brought a spinach/watermelon/feta salad, served with NZ and domestic Sauvignon Blanc. Paul and Nancy made steelhead trout on the grill with a side of parmesan zoodles, with two different kinds of Oregon Pinot Noir. Larry and Maureen brought dessert: fresh raspberry pie (not pictured) paired with Coffee Infused Port.

It was a beautiful evening, and happily, the mosquitoes (mostly) kept their distance.

1MfTG8h.jpg

I don't know how I missed this. What a wonderful looking gathering, in a nice green yard with delicious looking food.

Last edited:
Our dinner club met last night. I know I've been asked to post photos before, and it seems like I never remember to take them. So last night I made a point of remembering...
And thank you for that, Steve! I all looks beautiful! I wish Himself were more social. We did one fill-in stint for the Gourmet Dinner group I was available to when I was a Welcome Wagon member in OH. He smiled, he nodded, he was delightfully pleasant...and when we got into our car he said "don't ever put me through that again". *sigh*

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom