What are you eating Saturday 7/14/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I think tonight I may have sausage, eggs (maybe poached) and a toasted English muffin. But who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple of thick pork rib chops marinating in soy sauce, rice vinegar and brown sugar. I'll grill them, basting with the same mixture. We are having corn on the cob and coleslaw along with the chops.

Whipped up some green chili chicken enchiladas.. Served with refried beans and a simple lettuce, tomato and avocado salad..

Choc cake for later..

Ross

DH wants to grill, so I thawed some chicken thighs. Not sure how I'll season them yet. All I know is I'm definitely going to have another caprese salad :yum:

I am still in Sarasota, and my plan is to eat something that was swimming yesterday. I'll let you know how it works out.

CD

I'll just be putting together a cold plate of goodies and nibbles from the fridge. Definitely strawberry ice cream for dessert a little late on.

Bastille Day Dinner

Embracing multiculturalism, we're having the quintessential American dinner of cheeseburgers on the grill and French fries, coleslaw on the side. Well, maybe we're cheating a bit about the French in French fries, as they're actually oven fries (health concerns as we age).

A few years ago there were some major beach renovations, and the signage was in English and Spanish. After some public outcry, French was added, as we get a lot of tourists from Quebec.

I'll just be putting together a cold plate of goodies and nibbles from the fridge. Definitely strawberry ice cream for dessert a little late on.

Yum. Perfect for a hot afternoon...more nibbles for later. :yum:

Attachments

• dinner appy tray.jpg
    dinner appy tray.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 188
Cheryl, your pics are always worthy of a magazine. Looks so refreshing!

Dinner will be pan fried bacon wrapped Filet Mignon, baked loaded potatoes and glorified salads thanks to the Souschef.
Ohhh, and we have fresh peach cake for later!

Sloppy joes and ice cream with strawberries for the guys.

3 bean and corn salad for all.
Whole wheat toast with peanut butter for me.

My Florida "fishing trip" was successful. I had Oysters Rockefeller (very old school) and grilled fresh grouper. Both were excellent. Both from the Gulf of Mexico, eaten a mile from the Gulf of Mexico.

It was my first experience with grouper. It was a good experience.

CD

CD, Himself was "oooo"ing over your grouper. Glad you enjoyed.

Pretty warm-weather plate, Cheryl. I think we're doing cold food tomorrow. I had already decided on deviled eggs, but your eggs put a lock on it!

We had salads, buttered green beans with almond slivers, mushrooms "sauteed" in dry Sherry, and a perfectly grilled NY strip sirloin. :yum: To die for! No potatoes, since we had another round of dessert from the Italian bakery. Himself had the eclair, I had sfogiatelle.

Attachments

• 20180714_222809.jpg
    20180714_222809.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 20180714_214440.jpg
    20180714_214440.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 136
Thank you, CG....not too interested in cooking these past few days - I love cold plates when it's a billion degrees outside. I figure the eggs give me a tad of protein.

And yes, that is a perfectly grilled NY strip! I sure could go for that éclair right about now. I need chocolate. :LOL:

Last edited:
Cheryl, your pics are always worthy of a magazine. Looks so refreshing!

Dinner will be pan fried bacon wrapped Filet Mignon, baked loaded potatoes and glorified salads thanks to the Souschef.
Ohhh, and we have fresh peach cake for later!

Thank you Kay, and your Filets sound mouthwatering. Will you please share your recipe for peach cake? :)

Back
Top Bottom