What are you eating Saturday 9/8/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did something I don't do very often because of the mess - but I have been craving fried chicken so I skillet fried some chicken thighs earlier today. Coated them in seasoned flour, egg wash, more seasoned flour, and fried in Crisco shortening. I made a small red potato salad to go with it, and will steam some broccoli a little later.

I'll only have one of the three pieces of chicken today, the other two will be for nibbling tomorrow. I love cold fried chicken. :yum:

In the Cooks Country magazine this month they have a recipe and method for Cast Iron Oven-Fried Chicken. I have to get me a cast iron fryer. The last one I had was a 12" one and became too heavy with food or empty for me to lift. So I got rid of it. Now I am regretting it. So I will start looking at the ten or eight inch ones.

DD had all 4 wisdom teeth removed so she asked for soup. I will make split pea soup and cream of broccoli and cheese soup.

Been there, done that. Make sure DD follows all the instructions from the oral surgeon. You don't want an infection developing.

Just hot dogs last night for me.

CD

I did something I don't do very often because of the mess - but I have been craving fried chicken so I skillet fried some chicken thighs earlier today. Coated them in seasoned flour, egg wash, more seasoned flour, and fried in Crisco shortening. I made a small red potato salad to go with it, and will steam some broccoli a little later.

I'll only have one of the three pieces of chicken today, the other two will be for nibbling tomorrow. I love cold fried chicken. :yum:

I do too. Friends think I'm nuts, but cold leftover fried chicken is awesome.

CD

Been there, done that. Make sure DD follows all the instructions from the oral surgeon. You don't want an infection developing.

Just hot dogs last night for me.

CD

And tell her to KEEP HER TONGUE out of the empty sockets. The last thing she will ever want in her life is a dry tooth socket. My niece didn't listen and had to have more surgery. Very painful!

DD had all 4 wisdom teeth removed so she asked for soup...
How is she doing today, msm? I hope things are going well. I had all four taken out at once when I was about 27 or 28. The first day was soup and farina (I love that stuff), the second day I talked Himself into taking me out to get me a piece of jewelry, and the third day a co-worker of Himself's took us out to dinner as a thank-you for helping him set up a new office location. "Tom" thought he was getting away cheap on my dinner. Instead, I ordered scallops (tender, so easy to eat), but the rice got stuck in the potholes. Tom's fiancee leaned up against the ladies' room door so I could be warned if anyone was coming in while I rinsed my mouth out with warm salt water. :LOL: I hope her recovery is goes just as easily. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom