What are you eating Saturday August 24, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A grilled, reverse-seared 1.5" NY strip loin steak topped with garlic butter, along with pyramid oven-baked potato slices au gratin.

Last edited:
I made some dough filled balls but not satisfied on how the dough balls came out. I’m new to dough and do not understand fully the intricacies of making and cooking.

Basically I made a basic pizza dough from scratch. After the rise I made 30g balls. Then I flattened them out like a mini pizza, filled middle, and pulled up over the top, flipped over, egg washed, and baked.

Fillings were combos of:

Mini hamburger, cheese (yellow or mozzarella), bacon

Lomo Saltado leftover from last night

Chili from the other day along with fresh grated sharp cheddar

Just cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)

Mozzarella and bacon

For baking I did 360 degrees. After 20min I didn’t think they were cooking right and kicked it up to 390 for another 12min.

I feel like the inside dough was not cooked. I think 360 was maybe too low. I wound up with crunchy outside and undercooked inside dough.

Also although i cook bacon to crunch first after baking some pieces came out soft and chewy like they were boiled or something. Strange.

IMG_1803.jpgIMG_1804.jpgIMG_1805.jpgIMG_1806.jpgIMG_1807.jpg

Whole wheat mac n cheese with peas and sautéed pork loin.
:blush: Used Augason Farms powdered cheese and whole wheat penne rigate because sometimes the kid in me demands the blue box.
Blue Box.jpg
IMG_20190824_192427204.jpg
Dinner Ingred 190824.jpg

I made a batch of pork fried rice for dinner tonight. It was supplemented with an egg roll.

I made some chicken salad, which we had in sandwiches. Mine were on Wasa crisp rye bread and DH's were on toasted whole grain and sunflower seed bread. Turned out really good.

I had another batch of one of my tomato dishes, since I had a good amount of tomatoes, for maybe the last time; they are still coming in slowly, though I do have a lot of small green tomatoes...time will tell.

I always like using shells for dishes like this, since they trap those bits and pieces of ingredients.
2 1/2 lbs diced tomatoes, with chopped green and kalamata olives, capers, anchovies, and garlic. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Tomatoes, with olive paste, olive oil, and basil stirred in. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished dish, with pasta, sabud moong, and spelt added. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

A lot of leftovers there!

pepper, you cook for an army. A man after my own heart!:LOL:

Day Two of leftovers. Another round of garden salads, then we finished the knock-off chicken Marsala - this time I also cooked up a little bit of noodles. Himself ate up all of the sauteed Brussels sprouts, while I finished the sauteed Swiss chard. Still too full to think about any kind of dessert, but the peaches on the counter are crying out for a bit of ice cream...

I grilled some beautiful thick brined pork chops along with fresh grilled asparagus and we also had loaded baked potatoes with garden chives. I was very careful not to over cook the chops and they were moist, tender and cooked to perfection.

Back
Top Bottom