What are you eating Saturday January 16, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Broiled marinated lamb chops, buttered jasmine rice, greek salad and store bought french bread heated in the oven till hot and crispy.

img_871693_0_308f9fdaa2ecf500de8b36136232305e.jpg

img_871693_1_2194ffeb2a9dba53af9e1bee8e88acd5.jpg

img_871693_2_883671e1b19076af8b4b96e208b3d90f.jpg

img_871693_3_d24b5b61d72625c9049091bc5528dd26.jpg

img_871693_4_15abb9b26d0ade3fad070ed240d58858.jpg

What did you use for your marinade? Looks like a nice dinner.
thank you frank

Lemon juice
Rosemary - dry
Oregano - fresh AND dry - some of each
Basil - fresh AND dry - some of each
Olive oil
Lemon juice
Fresh garlic
Salt
Pepper - course grind

well, i have lamb chops on my shopping list. however tonight are beef tacos. put couple beef country style ribs in small crock pot. will shred for tacos. two last me for a long time, couple days in various forms. i love the tacos.

well, i have lamb chops on my shopping list. however tonight are beef tacos. put couple beef country style ribs in small crock pot. will shred for tacos. two last me for a long time, couple days in various forms. i love the tacos.

Thanks for the idea.:chef:

Armenian (Near East) dish made with raw ground beef, bulgar, tomato, parsley, onion and seasonings. It's served with chopped fresh scallions and parsley and moistened Near Eastern wafer bread.

Kufta - yummm...my husband is Armenian. Great food.

Not much cooking here today. Frittata with sweet sausage & roasted vegetables for breakfast.
My husband and sons left early to go skiing (2pm - 10pm), so I packed them roast beef & turkey sandwiches on homemade oatmeal bread (made last night), and double peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies.
Dinner for me was just a spring mix salad w/a quick Champagne vinaigrette, and some thinly sliced Ghetost cheese & Fuji apple.

Right now, sweet dough for cinnamon rolls (breakfast) is proofing.

Andy ~ I think the "formal" name is 'Chee Kufta" - maybe the "Chee" means raw? My MIL used to make it. It was definitely raw, and a mix of prime beef & lamb.
I have had baked kufta also - usually baked in a chicken stock w/lemon.

Andy ~ I think the "formal" name is 'Chee Kufta" - maybe the "Chee" means raw?...

That's the stuff. You are correct, chee means raw. My family always called it khema. My BIL's family called it chee kufta.

Whatever the name, it sure was delicious. Sis is a great cook.

I went to town to day to stock up on groceries for next week's storms. I bought home shrimp, salmon, chicken, and lots of veggies. But I was too tired to cook after shopping most of the day, so I bought home beef and broccoli, kung pao chicken, and chow mein.

Back
Top Bottom