What are you eating Saturday January 9, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
dinner will be stew if the meat thaws in time. if not probably some type of breakfast meal for dinner.
i had the last teeny tiny bit of corned beef for breakfast it was so small i am still hungry.

what about you?

hohohoho! I'm thrilled. tonight we are finally having the tamales I smuggled in from Mexico. 4 of each, Pork with Salsa Verde and Chicken with Mole. 4 of us are going to chow down. :)

We'll have a tossed salad alongside, and drink sparkling wine from New Mexico.

I REALLY need to do groceries.. so I'm not sure yet :)

Both of your dinners sound yummmmm! Breakfast for dinner - and tamales!

the 5 pm meal plans are pizza. Yesterday I started the no knead pizza dough, using 1 cup each of semolina, white and whole wheat flour. Will probably make both the same. Am really interested to see what "venison cured ham" is, thawed a 1 1/2 pound package thusly labeled. Will top with a pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese and some minced onion.

So far today, dh has had what I consider to be an alarmingly large bowl of oatmeal, scrambled eggs with ham and will cook up a fresh batch of bulgogi for the noon meal.

Tonight I will make a mushroom stew. For lunch I made Yukhoe 육회 it is the Korean version of Steak tartare.

To make this I used tenderloin, black pepper, sesame oil, sesame seeds a touch of chili oil, salt, elephant ear garlic, green onion, egg and asian pear. It is sitting on Korean perilla leaves.

4259367701_ca561b519b_b.jpg

We're having pork tenderloin. Undecided yet as to what I will do with it. Potatoes, mixed veggies, and possibly a big green salad will also find their way to the table tonight.

It's my little brother's birthday so we the family is meeting out for some japanese food and some hot sake! Powerplantop your meal looks amazing!

dinner will be breakfast because the roast i was going to cube for stew is still a frozen door stop!!

I'm making a caramelized sweet onion and gruyere cheese crostata. WE'll have that with a salad and wine.

It is cold and foggy here today, so I decided to make a Leek and Potato Soup. With the soup I will be having cornbread and for dessert a slice of cheesecake topped with a raspberry sauce that I bought at the local bakery.

here is half eaten pizza number one, pizza number two, and my first ever attempt at making hoagie rolls.

Attachments

• DSCN0365.jpg
    DSCN0365.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCN0369.jpg
    DSCN0369.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 176
:ohmy: Smoked venison! Sha Zams!!! That had to be delicious!!!:chef:

Twas! We allow the neighbors to hunt on our property in exchange for some of the harvest. This year they had the butcher try some new preparations, including the venison cured ham. I have put back some slices for the hoagie buns;)

Green onion and cheese omelet and corn bread.

img_870477_0_d50dd292eaca43bfce1565e012ff342d.jpg

img_870477_1_1b43dccb68e9063ae04a5571aa6b132e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom