What are you eating Saturday May 18, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Pork chop with sauerkraut, onions, potatoes, house seasoning, pork gravy, fennel seeds and caraway seeds.

pork_chops_sauerkraut_051819_IMG_5827.jpg

May 18th

Bacon and avocado salad with tomatoes, feta and thinly sliced red onions, vinaigrette dressing. Cornbread with corn nibs, cumin, cayenne, jalapeno, red onion, nigella seeds, feta and cheddar from Ottolenghi's Simple. It definitely wasn't what I would call a simple cornbread, but we both thought it was pretty tasty.

Last edited:
I fixed a 'nibbles' tray. :yum: A handful of just-picked cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, roasted red pepper hummus and pita chips, deviled egg, sliced smoked gouda, and watermelon.

We had kimchi fried rice for the second time. I liked it better than DH did. He thinks it's "acceptable". I liked it, but I wouldn't rave about it. I put twice as much bacon this time, but it barely made a difference. I didn't forget the enoki mushrooms this time. I didn't really find that they added anything. DH didn't like the texture of them. He said it was like sinew. I will wait until I find a good reason to buy them another time. They were pricey. But, I have happy tummy and the aftertaste is good.

I woke up with normal hunger pangs this morning. So Pirate fixed me a breakfast of toasted English Muffin with a poached egg. That made me feel full and sleepy again. Time for a morning nap. Slept while he ran errands. Found a surprise waiting for me when I woke up. A local restaurant that served Chinese food had a very large A in the window. That means it has passed the cleanliness law. So he brought me home a Chinese Dinner of Chop Suey. I do prefer Show Mein. The veggies are cut smaller, but I ate it anyway. No complaint here. I didn't realize just how hungry I was. Pirate ate all the fried rice and I cleaned up the rest. Yummy!!

Last Night's Braised Cabbage with Bacon, Roasted Baby Yukons, Leftie Corn and, Lovingly assembled by a sweet Amish Gal, (I never could resist a girl in uniform, whether Catholic school, Military, whatever...)
Pigs in Blankets ; Bulk Sausage, Simple Bread Stuffing, wrapped in Bacon .... and Chow Chow...

Pigs in Blankets.jpg

Pasta with mussels and than octopuss with boiled and mashed potatoes seasoned with salt, vinegar and parsley.

Back
Top Bottom