What are you eating Saturday November 2, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dandelion greens with light golden brown fried garlic slices, pine nuts, Parm R, balsamic, a pinch of red pepper flakes mixed with penne. Garlic rolls made with purchased pizza dough with homemade garlic butter. First time we've had dandelion greens. We like them.

Attachments

• 2019-11-02 18.53.20.jpg
    2019-11-02 18.53.20.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I put together a pot of Chili Verde. It's sure smelling good and should be ready in a couple hours. Cheese and cilantro will go on the top and buttered flame toasted flour tortilla's will be on the side.

Med, where do you get Dandelion greens? I had a ton of them when I had a lawn.

Last edited:
Tried my hand at with some Mini Pommes Anna. A lot of work but worth it for the Wow Factor. Not to mention also delicious. I didn't add quite enough salt so sprinkled after with Sel de Fleur and it looked cute and added the perfect touch of salt.

I did the first cooking, divided them, finished one batch and am freezing the other 6 for a couple of days to see what happens (I'm always looking for make aheads :rolleyes:)

1st pic is muffin tin ready for oven, 2nd one is at the half way point. Last is finished ..

........ and eaten.

Attachments

• 20191102_174630.jpg
    20191102_174630.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 20191102_182855.jpg
    20191102_182855.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 92
  • 20191102_185907.jpg
    20191102_185907.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 95
Found a frozen boneless turkey breast half from last year's parts turkey and had turkey and chicken tinga tacos.

Looks very fancy delicious Dragn. Why did you take them out of the muffin tin to finish cooking?

Because although fully cooked in the tins they don't brown and end up looking sort of a yucky non-descriptive greyish. You really need to brown and crispy them up. It's in and out of the oven several times. Also the sprig of thyme is placed on the bottom with a centering potato slice on top. When you take them out by flipping the pan they are on the top. (think this helps the thyme remain recognizable - and cute)

With our power out, Stirling went to Starbucks to drink coffee and "charge all the things" - his phone and tablet, my phone, and the battery pack/charger thingee. Starbucks is next door to Thai Express and Arahova. They are in the same store front. Arahova has Greek food. He picked up pad Thai for himself and a gyro platter for me. It was really good. The power came back before he got home.

I'm glad to hear that your power came back on, taxy.

We had Barilla mini penne with meat sauce.
Great minds! Looks like a few of us made pasta dishes. I used Barilla rotini with a mushroom-Alfredo sauce. Lots of fresh grated parm (or was it grana padana?) to top the pasta bowls.

No time/energy to make salad. I'm behind schedule for us to get out of here on Monday...

We had some cooler weather yesterday, so decided to have some potato, onion, and kielbasa soup. Fixed just the right amount - enough for both of us to have lunch, and Mom to have leftovers for supper.

Back
Top Bottom