What are you eating Saturday September 28, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I plan to roast an eye round, mashed yukons and turnip root, spinach and burgundy pan gravy.

September 28

I have an abundance of mushrooms and leftover Sous Vide rare chuck roast from last night, so the logical idea is for classic Beef Stroganoff for dinner tonight. It's been a very long time since I've made Stroganoff so I'm enjoying looking at lots of different recipes today. I do know that I don't want to overcook the beef much further so it could be tricky. Hope I remember pictures tonight.

SO and I went to a BBQ festival with SO's friend this afternoon. We gorged on great BBQ. I had a platter with pulled pork, St. Louis ribs, slaw and beans. SO had a pulled pork sandwich and her friend had a brisket sandwich.

I drank a beer to celebrate National Drink Beer Day and well all took a walk on fields in the sunshine to celebrate National Family Health and Fitness Day.

As a result, SO and I are nibbling on some leftovers tonight. She made me some chocolate nut cookies for dessert. :yum:

Shrimp Alfredo Florentine over #8 Iceberg, Red Onion & Black Olive Salad, Red Wine Vinaigrette...

Salad, Iceberg, Red Onion & Black Olive.jpg

Shrimp Alfredo Florentine.jpg

Eye round roast, mashed turnip root & Yukon potatoes (butter, sour cream & chives), mini Yorkshire pudding and burgundy wine pan gravy.

eye_roast_092818_IMG_6281.jpg

I have an abundance of mushrooms and leftover Sous Vide rare chuck roast from last night, so the logical idea is for classic Beef Stroganoff for dinner tonight. It's been a very long time since I've made Stroganoff so I'm enjoying looking at lots of different recipes today. I do know that I don't want to overcook the beef much further so it could be tricky. Hope I remember pictures tonight.

This was really quite good, and I added the very thinly sliced rare beef chuck to the luscious mushroom gravy at the end to heat it through. :yum:
Both the Sous Vide chuck roast, followed by Beef Stroganoff, will certainly be done again.

Attachments

• P9280016[1].jpg
    P9280016[1].jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 148
I had some of that leftover chicken livers in chipotle sauce, re-heated in some corn tortillas, with some cheese. Before this, I had to have a small portion of that gazpacho that I made - takes overnight to chill all that, but I put a small bowl in the freezer, to speed things up!

Lots of good lookin' cookin' going on tonight. I'll try to keep the train rolling. We had simple salads of romaine tossed with buttermilk dressing, topped with cherry and Roma tomatoes and pieces of Parma-Reggi cheese. I made breaded pork chops, baked potatoes, canned Niblets corn, and the last of the beets.
IMG_20190928_225614573.jpg

Back
Top Bottom