What are you eating Sunday 1/13/2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I planned to make fried flounder, steak fries, hush puppies (I’ve never made them before), and homemade coleslaw (for hub and DD#2, cabbage salad for DD#1 and I). But who knows what will happen later.

Chicken breast roast with potatoes, roast potatoes and a variety of veg - typical Sunday dinner.

Gillian

Ezme, tuom, zhoug and chicken. Chicken had been marinating since early yesterday evening.

I might make bachelor surprise. That's ground beef or pork, fried up with onions and maybe garlic. Then "Asian style" frozen, mixed vegis are added along with brown rice and a lot of sesame seeds. It's a simple, quick, tasty meal done in one large skillet.

Chied Fricken.
Rice N grav.
Pink-eye purple hulls.
Mustard/Turnip Greens.
Cornbread.
B&B Pickles.
Sliced onion.
Cherry Pie.
Coffee & chicory.

Grilled coriander and turmeric chicken with cumin flatbreads, ezme, tuom, and Zhoug sauces.

Attachments

• 2019-01-13 18.39.24.jpg
    2019-01-13 18.39.24.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 144
I never heard of these sauces, so I asked Mr. Google. Even he has no idea what tuom is (but he does know what covfefe is :) ).

Ezme

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/ezme

Tuom

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/toum

Zhoug
https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/zhoug

This is the second or third time we have made this, but I never had the Aleppo pepper for the ezme before and had to substitute. We finally found the Aleppo pepper and what became a third place sauce became a first place IMHO.

Last edited:
Dinner was Flounder, hush puppies (fist run was pretty good), steak fries, homemade coleslaw and homemade tartar sauce.

fish_chips_hush_puppies_011319_IMG_5291.JPG

Last edited:
I might make bachelor surprise. That's ground beef or pork, fried up with onions and maybe garlic. Then "Asian style" frozen, mixed vegis are added along with brown rice and a lot of sesame seeds. It's a simple, quick, tasty meal done in one large skillet.
DH volunteered to make breakfast for supper, so we had eggs and bacon. DH had home fries. We both had toast.

We had salads and spaghetti. I smooshed whole canned tomatoes through my fingers, added a bit of oil, a couple glugs of red wine, and a generous amount of Italian seasonings. Meatless Monday a day early.
IMG_20190113_195353122.jpgIMG_20190113_202155151.jpg

I had another home made spaghetti meat sauce, two dinners in a row. I don't think I'll ever buy Stouffer's frozen Spaghetti and Meat sauce again, anytime soon. I like frozen garlic bread. I bought a bag of "Mainly Romaine" lettuce too. I didn't spin wash it tho. Tasted fine. I read that even if you spin rinse bagged salads and it has Salmonella (or such), spin rinsing the salad won't keep you safe. At least this bagged salad (Fresh Express) didn't taste of dirt like one batch of bagged salad did.

I bought a salad spinner because of this, soaked and spun that salad bag's contents well. Afterwards, it still tasted like dirt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom