What are you eating Sunday 7/15/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I don't know what DD's and hub want. BUT I want poached eggs, pan fried potatoes and onions, breakfast sausage and toasted English muffin.

Last edited:
I want eggs and ham...will see what happens, need to clean up the kitchen and get to things I've let slide since February.

I am currently enjoying a pepperoni pizza at the Charlotte airport. That will be my main meal, today. I'll graze tonight.

CD

Had strawberry yogurt for breakfast.
Egg rolls for lunch.
Dinner is still unknown.

Cheese tortellini in a butter garlic sauce, maybe pesto also..
Salad for certain, no idea what else, as of yet..

Finish off the small choc cake later..

Ross

I'm marinating a pork tenderloin in lime juice/honey/sesame oil and Penzey's Bangkok blend seasoning (good stuff btw). https://www.penzeys.com/online-catalog/bangkok-blend/c-24/p-13/pd-sI'll grill it to medium rare, brush it with some sesame oil and finish it on the Wilma searing side burner.
SC is in charge of the glorified salads and toaster oven Tater Tots.

Last edited:
Rib eyes, veggie stands are full on now so we picked up some new baby potatoes, yellow beans and raspberries for dessert..
I have to admit that sous vide steak is pretty darned good..the texture is like nothing you can get otherwise..not that grilling or pan frying isn't good, because it is, but this was something else..

Attachments

• 37245021_10156614137049993_5906831095843782656_n (2).jpg
    37245021_10156614137049993_5906831095843782656_n (2).jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 142
Tonight's dinner will be Charleston Shrimp Perloo. Made it once before and really liked it. SO didn't care for the smell of the shrimp shells cooking for the shrimp stock, so we'll see how things turn out.

Barbecued pork tenderloin over the charcoal Weber. Dry rub, then cooked until almost done. Brushed some bottled BBQ sauce on the pork, then cooked for a few more minutes. Side was black eyed peas with tomatoes and spinach (recipe from BTB's web site).

We have been on a "slow boat to China" kind of lifestyle since it's been incredibly hot and humid. Not hungry much because of the oppressive heat and humidity and quite sluggish as a result.

Tonight we had Chicken piccata as per Giada De Laurentiss. Had some leftover steamed rice as our side.

DD brought home take out pizza from favorite pizza place.

Poached salmon, and the kitchen still reeks of it, and courgettes (zucchini), very fine green beans & a salad of giant tomatoes and home-made fruit salad for "pudding".

Having seen myself in photos of cousins' post-wedding luncheon which took place 2 weeks ago I decided that I need to loose a bit more weight so today is the first day of the rest of my diet.

Incidentally, the cousins were touring America last autumn/fall and on passing a sign for Reno decided to get married (they've been together for donkeys years). When notified of this we all pointed out that Reno is where you go to get divorced.

MadCook, you're right about Reno quickie divorces. They must have gotten confused it with Las Vegas, the Wedding Chapel capital of the world!

Tonight's dinner will be Charleston Shrimp Perloo...
Love Perloo. I've made it with chicken before. I must try a shrimp version - I saved a recipe a while ago. :whistling:

We had early dinner salads with various veggies, the leftover steak from yesterday, a couple of slices of chopped up prosciutto, sauteed shrimp, and deviled eggs.

Attachments

• 20180715_211533.jpg
    20180715_211533.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 135
I made a full recipe of pasta dough, we rolled it out into sheets, then cut and used up the thawed frozen mix of ricotta, moz, parm, etc. cheese filling taking up room in the freezer to make manicotti. Craig made the sauce. Simple garden salad on the side. We were supposed to make garlic rolls too, but forgot thank goodness since I was stuffed with what we had. Now, we have 2 meals of manicotti in the freezer. Sigh, I'm not sure if we are making progress in cleaning out the freezers or not, but at least these are ready to pop into the oven meals.

Back
Top Bottom