What are you eating Sunday April 22, 2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Not quite sure but maybe chili over brown rice. But things may change.

lol, msm, I think you are right.

Cream of tomato soup, brussel sprouts and maybe some skipper snacks or sardines w/chilis.

:LOL:
No Romaine here for awhile!

56875-albums1086-picture6962.jpg

[file photo]

I'll be making the same as above--- Barilla brand thick Spaghetti with TJ's Organic Marinara and homemade Meatballs I found in the deep freeze---that's the last bag of them so... I'm trying to empty the auxiliary freezer out in the garage before we leave... not sure I'm going to make it, but we'll give it a go.

**Note to self: stop walking past the meat counter and buying more stuff!!! Y'know, the sale items--- don't need that right now :LOL:

Leftovers. The soup can be nuked at full power, but heating the other items in a microwave with a failed "power level" button will cause me to go old school. Mom would make foil packets of leftovers, then float them in a pan of simmering water. Worked great then, so I guess I'll do that now. :)

Planning on shopping for a microwave tomorrow after I spend the next hour skimming the Lowe's website...

After we planted a chokecherry tree this afternoon, I am fixing some salmon one of dh's brothers caught, a mess of fresh asparagus from the garden and whole wheat bread with butter.

Jeeze, I thought it was A Lord of the Rings lettuce and was trying to figure out what that was.

Craig made stuffed (Italian sausage and other things) chianti braised chicken thighs. I made polenta

Attachments

• 2018-04-22 18.25.21.jpg
    2018-04-22 18.25.21.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 107
Our plans changed. DD decided to order Chicken Almond Ding and Pork fried rice for dinner.

My neighborhood's civic league had their mostly annual porch crawl today - basically a progressive cocktail party, with six homes on the itinerary, finishing with dessert and a dance party at the neighborhood salon. So I spent the afternoon drinking and noshing with friends and neighbors. DH spent some time with us, but he's not as interested in hanging out with people he doesn't know well, so he ducked out early ;) There were leftover fajita fixings, so he didn't go hungry.

The event was a fundraiser - half of the proceeds go to the civic league and half to the local animal shelter. So the fun was all for a good cause [emoji2]

I'm going to try again to use my Fry Daddy deep fat fryer to cook up some fish and chips. Late Sunday nite dinner.
I'm using store bought fish and chips mix, I bought some club soda to mix into it. The cod pieces are coming up to room temp now, which might have been the problem last time when the fish was too chilled to fry successfully (inside was kind of raw). The chips part is easy, Frozen Ore-Ida fries that I'll fry up after frying the fish. Cole slaw on the side. I'd like to have had some root beer to go along with it.

Last edited:
It was red beans and rice. Beans cooked in ham stock with ham pieces. Also added Adouillle and tasso to the beans. Smoked sausage on the side. A green salad and garlic bread. While I'm not a huge fan of apple pie the little brown-eyed girl out did herself. It was awesome. Ate a small piece to be polite...ate another huge piece 'cause it was soooooo good!! :LOL:

I tossed a burger on the grill, and some bacon. I topped that with a slice of American cheese and served it, of course, on a toasted bagel. I had some 7-Eleven Smoked Gouda potato chips on the side -- just because they peaked my interest. They were actually pretty good.

CD

Back
Top Bottom