What are you eating Sunday January 17, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For lunch I am having a tuna fish sandwich. Bring on the Omega3's. I am trying a new recipe for dinner "Skillet Lasagna". The recipe calls for ground beef but I am substituting ground turkey. To round out the meal will be coleslaw and Brussels sprouts.

I changed my mind, I am having Caesar salad instead of the coleslaw. It just dawned on me that I was having two similar vegetables.

It is Sunday, just Dad and I plus two football games (though the second is on now), curling, golf and hockey.

So that equation all adds up to hot dogs with fried onions and root beer.

Oh, I have never mentioned this but the family tradition for eating hot dogs dates back to as long as I can remember - no matter if you have two or three hot dogs (we now each have two), one is served without a bun and eaten with your fingers! My DH thinks this is absolutely hilarious, but tradition is tradition!

Dad had such a smile the first time I served hot dogs after he moved in. He was surprised I remembered that - DH rolled his eyes and said "she always eats them that way even when we are eating out!" :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Corned beef? MMMMMMM I will be over as soon as I can get across the border. Can I bring dessert?
img_871888_0_d3b737b5f4662950f1f559703705c4f1.jpg

crock-pot corned beef with onions. I'm cooking cabbage, carrot and potato separately.
hey girl!! been awhile. have you been ok?

yummy corned beef!! i made one last week and i have 2 more in the freezer i need to use before they go on sale this year for st patty day.

It was supposed to be ham/asparagus/paprika potato cubes but DH took us out to brunch after church...still trying to digest that! Sunday brunch tends to be THE meal of the day when we do that.:ROFLMAO: Ham will keep....

Chicken rubbed with s&p, stuffed with onions and lime and roasted on top of carrots, onions, and potatoes. Green salad and a big glass of wine.

We are having breakfast for dinner! Crepes filled with fruit and cream cheese.. and not sure what else yet!

Fried chicken. I am working on my recipe... The crust needs some work. I want the crush crispy like popeys.

4283749482_a426fe47eb.jpg

Fried chicken. I am working on my recipe... The crust needs some work. I want the crush crispy like popeys.

4283749482_a426fe47eb.jpg
looks fantastic!! a bit of cornstarch and baking powder in the flour will help crisp it up.

looks fantastic!! a bit of cornstarch and baking powder in the flour will help crisp it up.

msmofet, thanks for the smack over the head. I use that when doing Korean Fried Chicken why not when doing southern fried? Taste was good and it was juicy. The roasted potatoes and gravy were awsome the only down side was the crust on the chicken was not quite what I was looking for.

I am cooking a batch of Swiss Steak to freeze, I might have one of those with mashed potatoes and a veggie, TBD. Or maybe I will just have a Pork Burger.

Nixed the Mashed Potatoes. I remembered that I had leftover rice in the fridge., tasty and less work. Also nixed the veggie. Funny thing, I put 5 steaks in the pan and only took 4 out???? Maybe my ghost was hungry!

Back
Top Bottom