What are you eating Sunday, July 22nd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The shrimp and tasso Henican, a dish from Commander's Palace in NOLA. Eh, too much vinegar/pickled items for me and WAY too spicy. Craig kind of liked it. It was a PITA to make with all the components so never again.

but the picture is pretty - so small compensation? LOL :LOL:

Had Peruvian-Style Grilled Chicken with Green Sauce from SeriousEats and absolutely delish!

2nd time I've made it and the Green Sauce comes out different each time. Last time only used 1 Green Jalapeno as was warned they were 'hot' that year (and it was). This time I had to use 2 Red Jalapenos and 1 Green. LOL - they were all from the same bush! It seems once these turn red they are not quite so hot. But still delish! Colour, of course, was not quite so green! :rolleyes:

First pic is this years sauce and last pic is the previous sauce. Much more vibrant. And much spicier.

Attachments

• 20180722_183045.jpg
    20180722_183045.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 20170830_200105.jpg
    20170830_200105.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 20170830_200122.jpg
    20170830_200122.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 93
We had rotisserie-cooked Cornish hens stuffed with fresh rosemary from the garden. Sides included Minnesota wild rice and a bowl of freezer corn from last year's bounty. Iced tea washed it all down. Ice cream sundaes dusted with chocolate malt powder for dessert.

We had rotisserie-cooked Cornish hens stuffed with fresh rosemary from the garden. Sides included Minnesota wild rice and a bowl of freezer corn from last year's bounty. Iced tea washed it all down. Ice cream sundaes dusted with chocolate malt powder for dessert.

Mom used to love dusty roads for dessert (vanilla ice cream dusted with original malt powder).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom