What are you eating TGIFriday 12/15/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
My plan is Salisbury steak, steamed baby spinach, mashed potatoes and onion pan gravy.

Spiral cut ham
Scalloped potatoes
Mixed veggies
Fresh baked bread

Clean out the fridge night. Does it show?

Sounds great so far folks!

We're taking my Mother out to a nice dinner and then to a Christmas Show at our historical theater downtown.
Real excited, `cuz this restaurant is so delicious!
The show is a tribute type band, The Rat Pack, doing all Christmas tunes, which Mom loves, should be fun.

Blue cheese burgers with caramelized onions and dry fried mushrooms with deep fried onion strings.

Attachments

• 2017-12-15 18.33.27.jpg
    2017-12-15 18.33.27.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Mrs. T's birthday, so we went out (and not to TGI Friday's!). The restaurant features dishes to share, so we got two dishes and shared grilled day boat scallops, clams, mussels, shrimp, lobster pieces, clams, sausage, garlic bread and forbidden rice. Mrs. T had a dessert that was carrot cake batter cooked in a waffle maker, topped with roasted pistachios and whipped cream. Unusual, but very good.

I am grazing tonight -- a mixture of fresh fruit and some beef jerky made by psycho-poodle's dog sitter.

CD

Salisbury steak, steamed baby spinach, mashed potatoes and onion pan gravy.

salisbury_steak_121517_IMG_3524.jpg

Mrs. T's birthday, so we went out (and not to TGI Friday's!). The restaurant features dishes to share, so we got two dishes and shared grilled day boat scallops, clams, mussels, shrimp, lobster pieces, clams, sausage, garlic bread and forbidden rice. Mrs. T had a dessert that was carrot cake batter cooked in a waffle maker, topped with roasted pistachios and whipped cream. Unusual, but very good.

That really sounds like a killer dinner, and happy bday to mrs.10.
I hope those who were talking about their waffle irons see this dessert idea!

Sounds great so far folks!

We're taking my Mother out to a nice dinner and then to a Christmas Show at our historical theater downtown.
Real excited, `cuz this restaurant is so delicious!
The show is a tribute type band, The Rat Pack, doing all Christmas tunes, which Mom loves, should be fun.

Oh, how I'd love to see that show too Kgirl! I bet your Mom loved it and felt very special. :wub:

I found some rice flour tortillas at the store the other day and thought we would try them. I then found a pork tenderloin in the freezer so I ended up making fajitas tonight.

I warmed the tortillas in a dry fry pan and made a meat, pepper, onion, mushroom mixture in another pan. I know mushrooms aren't Mexican so much, but I like them in almost anything! :)

Oh, the tortillas were really good and I usually have problems with rice flour.

Happy Birthday to your lovely bride, tenspeed!

Like Munky, we had a clean-the-fridge meal. I discovered a Grab-it bowl of ham/beans/collard greens, so I finished that. Himself had cheesy cauliflower soup. I now have nothing in the fridge 'cept for condiments and sealed cheeses. Guess we have no choice but to get out of Dodge! On to OH so we can spend Christmas with our kids! :w00t2:

That really sounds like a killer dinner, and happy bday to mrs.10.
I hope those who were talking about their waffle irons see this dessert idea!

I did and wouldn't ya know it... My waffle iron died a week ago.. :wacko:

Oh well, I'll find a recipe for that dessert and purchase a new waffle iron when I move to Missouri... :ohmy:

Ross

Oh, how I'd love to see that show too Kgirl! I bet your Mom loved it and felt very special. :wub:

Thanks K!!

Dec 15 2017 show at The elks Theater.jpg

We had a wonderful time last night!
... and dinner wasn't shabby either!

dinner at preascott station beef rib stronganoff.jpg

Mom ordered Beef Rib Stroganoff,
which she said was the best she's ever had

dinner at Prescott Station Duck plate.jpg

I had the Bada Bing Duck breast,
I LOVE Duck!

dinner at prescott stattion new york strip meal.jpg

And DH had to have the New York Strip,