What are you eating Thursday 8/23/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Did I miss today's thread or is no one eating today?

Dinner was Bertolli Veggie spaghetti, turkey meatballs and tomato sauce. Topped with grated parmesan reggiano and pecorino romano cheeses.

turkey_meatballs_082318_IMG_4787.jpg

veggie_pasta_turkey_meatballs_082318_IMG_4791.jpg

Great looking balls, care to share recipe please. Btw your signature...kiwi band!

Russ

Thank you Kay and Russ.

I didn’t use a recipe. I’ll work up a recipe and estimate the amounts (or wait till next time I make them and measure everything). The only amount I’m sure of is the Butterball brand ground turkey - the packages come in 1 lb. packs only.
I’ll try to get to ASAP.

SO had golobkis for dinner while I rescued a piece of cube steak from the freezer and made a chicken fried steak. Of course I made sausage gravy to top it off. All I had was pre-cooked sausages so I also added some bacon fat for the roux.

We both had salads.

Everything sounds, and looks MsM, delish.

I had a nice "crown" of Broccoli that needed to be used up.
While I was at the Mega-mart, returning something or another,
I went over to the meat case and picked up some "stir fry beef".
It was a touch spendy, but I got a half pound and used
only half of it. The rest will be for another meal in the future.

003.jpg

004.jpg

Beef Broccoli served over steamed white Rice

It is the start of Monterey car weekend. My two passions, cooking and cars, are at war this weekend.

I was watching an auto auction online, so I grazed. No time to cook. One of the cars I photographed went for $900,000. That's a little short of what I thought it would fetch, but the seller made a huge profit. Another, probably my favorite, went for $225K, which is really good for that car.

CD

$900,000? Wow, casey. That's a lot of money to wrap your head around. :wacko:

We had a sort of celebratory dinner tonight after good news from a doctor. Details in the Thankfulness Club thread. We started with the basic salad, then we each cracked our way through a few Jonas Crab claws, and followed that up with fresh scallops over cheesy, creamy grits and a side of sauteed zucchini. Washed everything down with glasses of Prosecco. We even ate together at the kitchen table! [emoji813]

Last edited:
We had dolmades, saganaki, more fresh pita, and the last of the Greek meatballs from the night before. Picture of dolmades on pan. Tomato slices were used as a rack and cooking liquid was water, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic slices. Dolmades were so much better than what we've ever had out. None of that vinegar/citric acid taste. Of course, taking the time to do 2 hot water soaks and 2 cold water soaks to get the brine taste out of the leaves is probably not something most places would be willing to do.

Attachments

• 2018-08-24 09.50.59.jpg
    2018-08-24 09.50.59.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 74
I missed the post earlier..

We had pan fried tilapia, a saute of zucchini and sweet onions and a green salad..

Topped off the day with a slice of apple pie and a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.. :yum:

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom