What are you eating Thursday January 28, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're having baked pork chops, a baked sweet potato for me and a white one for for DH, and green beans.
Not very exciting, I realize, but tasty.

I made sausage and sauerkraut and parsley potatoes, rye bread..
YUM YUM!!!!! :pig:

Sounds like a lot of chicken being cooked tonight...but... I'm breaking the trend here, we are having baked ravioli and a green salad. Going to go check the garden and see if any carrots or radished survived the Dec/Jan freeze.

Happy surprise, I found carrots and radishes that survived along with some arugala and spinach! (left the spinach for another day).

Rotisserie chicken, jasmine rice, corn and gravy.

img_874480_0_14074fda1d2dc89ff1b256ffaa01efaf.jpg

Since I'm off work today I decided to be a little creative. I'm doing ravioli (1/2 chocolate) stuffed with roasted butternut squash and bacon sauteed in butter with onion, mushrooms, some capers and marjoram. And I'll do a butternut squash risotto to go with it. I won't have time to a dessert

Well my Chocolate ravioli turned out great(1st time I've ever made them) and the risotto was smooth and creamy. After I sauteed and removed the ravioli I added some flour and white wine and made a nice sauce. I also used the seeds from the squash instead of the capers. I've been trying to work without recipes lately and so far so good.

Thanks Alix, the potatoes and onion will make their own gravy...my mouth is watering...out of garlic, got some sage, hold the mustard, and she can put cheese on it if she wants to! I'm excited! Thanks again!

Welcome! Post back and tell us how it went over.

Happy Birthday vagriller!

Happy Birthday va!!!! Is that the bake where you layer seasoned beef, cheese, sour cream, salsa, and tortillas???

This recipe calls for tomato soup and no sour cream. It's one of my favorites!

And thanks for all the happy bday wishes!

My wife made dump cake too, loved it!

Alix-

The chicken was super tender/moist,onions were luscious, the taters needed some work....used buttergolds cut to 1/4 to 3/8 slices and they didn't get tender! Would definitely make this again.....and clean up? Heyyy can you say stoneware?

Excellent!!! And I LOVE stoneware. PC stuff rocks pretty hard. You're lucky to have so much of it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom