What are you eating Thursday January 7, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i had a sonic watermellon slush and sausage bread for breakfast.

dinner will be corned beef, cabbage (1/2 head boiled, 1/2 head slaw dressed with my salad dressing), carrots and potatoes.

what about you?

I have temporary access to my kitchen today, so I am hoping to do a large batch of spaghetti sauce for the freezer. Depending on time and ambition, we will have lasagna or spaghetti tonight.

Ms M, I love corned beef and cabbage!

We will be having a small roast chicken and a tossed salad for dinner tonight.

I have been buying smaller whole chickens lately, 3.5-4.25 pounds, and like them a lot. They cook up faster and more evenly than the bigger ones. At least that's the way it seems to me.

I have temporary access to my kitchen today, so I am hoping to do a large batch of spaghetti sauce for the freezer. Depending on time and ambition, we will have lasagna or spaghetti tonight.

Ms M, I love corned beef and cabbage!
i do tooooooooooooo!! i have 2 more in the freezer. i have to use them before they go back on sale for st. patty's day LOL i need room to put new ones in the freezer.

It's freezing here in the south today, so I'm thinking a big pot of chicken and dumplings is in order for dinner tonight.. with some homemade buttermilk biscuits.

And if I'm feeling ambitious in a little bit I'm thinking about making a red velvet cake for some cake truffles.

Lunch will likely be a ham and swiss sammy and soup.

I'm eating at work tonight. No idea what is on the menu but my back up is a can of ravioli in case its a gross dinner. LOL. Leaving my family to fend for themselves.

Pasta Fazool (pasta , beans, diced tomatoes, garlic, onions, Olive Oil, salt , pepper) I don't use a recipe , just cook the pasta, drain add beans, canned diced tomatoes, minced garlic, minced onions, sea salt, pepper. Topped with grated Romano cheese, not the pre grated kind.

I am making Lasagna on Monday the 11th, for my sister's 50th birthday, I invited her and her husband and 2 children over for dinner.

i had a sonic watermellon slush and sausage bread for breakfast.

dinner will be corned beef, cabbage (1/2 head boiled, 1/2 head slaw dressed with my salad dressing), carrots and potatoes.

what about you?
I am waiting for a sale on corned beef. I enjoy it too, if any corned beef left from dinner, I usually make a nice sandwich or panini with it.

I am waiting for a sale on corned beef. I enjoy it too, if any corned beef left from dinner, I usually make a nice sandwich or panini with it.
i have some in the freezer from last years sales that i need to use up. so i can by more when they go on sale this year!! LOL the spring sales hold me over during the summer and winter corned beef carvings!! LOL :LOL:

Laste evening we had grilled aubergines with tomato sauce and smoked scamorza on top..it was really tasty!I also made a chocolate roll cake with a chocolate filling ..chocolate is so good for depression...

Dinner Tonight...
Lemon and Herb Pasta

Boil water and little chop-chop of a few herbs and you're done! My favorite part, aside from the meal itself, is the easy clean-up. In the end, you'll end up using only a small bowl, large pot, strainer, knife and cutting board.

Grocery List
2 grilled/broiled chicken breasts, chopped
3-4 cups of penne pasta (You can use more or less dependent upon need. You can also substitute different pastas)*
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
3 tablespoons chopped green onion
Dash of crushed red pepper/or ground black pepper to taste
1-2 cloves minced garlic

Last evening we had grilled aubergines with tomato sauce and smoked scamorza on top..it was really tasty!I also made a chocolate roll cake with a chocolate filling ..chocolate is so good for depression...
not really!! i'm depressed that i don't have any of that chocolate cake!! :(

Exhausted from shopping so not making spaghetti sauce OR lasagna. Bought a rotisserie chicken and a bunch of salads. Being really lazy here.

I tell you what, Ms M, you save me some of that corned beef and I will be right over with a chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting!
here ya go LP.
Dinner is served:

Corned Beef (I dipped mine in tabaco hot mustard), buttered boiled cabbage and carrots, cabbage and carrot slaw (dressed with olive oil, vinegar, maggi sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder)

img_870127_0_d3b737b5f4662950f1f559703705c4f1.jpg

I took a very small chuck roast cut strips from it. Put them to marinate in evoo,garlic,brown sugar and balsamic.After I brown some mushrooms and onions in butter and evoo, I'll take the meat out of the marinade and throw it onto a hot grill then put everything on a buttered and sliced the long way loaf of warm French bread.Fruit and cheese for dessert and green salad with avocado and sliced red onion to go with the sandwich.
kadesma;)

i have some in the freezer from last years sales that i need to use up. so i can by more when they go on sale this year!! LOL the spring sales hold me over during the summer and winter corned beef carvings!! LOL :LOL:

Unfortunately my freezer is not big enough to buy quantities but I am expecting to buy my sister's freezer when she moves to another state. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom