"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2018, 08:29 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/what-are-you-eating-today-saturday-12-1-201

Today is going to be leftovers from the smoked shoulder of last night. But I still will have to take something out of the freezer for Sunday's dinner. It was so much easier when there was only myself to feed.

Old 12-01-2018, 10:16 AM   #2
Head Chef

Today will be silly fast food day..

About twice a year I get a craving for an Arby's Cheddar/Roast Beef sandwich.. Today is one of those days..

Ross

Old 12-01-2018, 11:11 AM   #3
Master Chef

I'll have a crowd this Afternoon... I made a load of Sausage, Peppers and Onions in Red Gravy.... and I brought in a Cold Party Tray ....... way too much food..... any of ya in the neighborhood, stop by! (and bring Tupperware) !
Old 12-01-2018, 05:06 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

What are you eating today Saturday 12/1/2018?

I walked my DD through browning a chuck roast and setting to pressure cook in the IP for pot roast. Mashed yukon and red potatoes, steamed carrot coins and au jus to accompany.
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:23 PM   #5
Executive Chef

More airport food. "Complimentary" hotel breakfast at the hotel in Providence. A rather tasty spinach and feta brioche from Brioche Doree at the Charlotte airport for a late lunch. Dinner will be whatever I can find near my hotel in St. Louis.

CD
Old 12-01-2018, 05:56 PM   #6
Certified Pretend Chef

With Joe's help, I'm going to make orange chicken with various veggies stir-fried into he mix.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:17 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Before we went to Michigan for Thanksgiving, I made almost a gallon of lasagna sauce. I took some with us to make lasagna for DH's birthday the day before T'day and used another quart to make another lasagna tonight. I'll also make salad. I hope I have some bread in the freezer Need to go look.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:42 PM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
I walked my DD through browning a chuck roast and setting to pressure cook in the IP for pot roast. Mashed yukon and red potatoes, steamed carrot coins and au jus to accompany.
MsM, it's never good to be under the weather, but a good thing is that your DD is learning new cooking skills with your help and instruction.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:43 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Thought I should use the 2nd Pillsbury pie crust from when I made a quiche earlier this week. The filling made extra so I froze it in a zip lock. It might be a good pizza topper.

Cooked crumbled Italian sausage, caramelized onion, roasted small butternut squash cubes, oregano, garlic, pizza pepper flakes. Spoon mix on pastry round cut outs, top with 5 cheese blend Italian cheese, top with another pastry circle, sqwinch closed. Bake about 20 minutes 375 F until golden.
Served with a salad.
Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:43 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
DH went drinking with the boys last night. He was near "The Main", a famous Montreal resto. He brought home their wonderful "smoked meat" sandwiches. But, neither of us was hungry last night. So, we saved them for tonight. I made a large salad with a blue cheese vinaigrette and we had those sandwiches with the salad. That was yum. The smoked meat (the resto cures and smokes the briskets themselves) was yummy but the rye bread seemed to be mostly white flour with maybe 10% rye.

Tags
eating