What are you eating today, Thursday April 26, 2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Not quite sure yet but Italian sweet sausage, multi colored frying peppers, onions and tomato may be on the menu tonight (or tomorrow).

At our house today it's individual medley for dinner. SO is having golabkis she made and froze earlier (I don't like them) and I'm making Luca Lazzari's Lasagna (she doesn't like it).

Last edited:
Mussels marinara, baguettes to mop up the sauce, green salad. I made some American baguettes using Artisan Bread With Steve's recipe. Disappointed, but not surprised, as the crust was pretty wimpy. It calls for an egg wash, and not steamed, and it didn't have the desired results. I've got another recipe I'll try next time, which I expect will produce a better crust.

Made a quick bucatini with a carbonara sauce

kDRCmIW.jpg

zhGws3A.jpg

nJIFkTZ.jpg

HyNSp3C.jpg

7M2usAN.jpg

I'm going to make arancini with the leftover risotto from a few days ago. It seems like I didn't deep-fry them last time (because I hate the mess of deep-frying), so I must have shallow-fried them and turned them a few times. Can't remember. I've also seen recipes for baking them, but I don't know if that will be as crispy as I want. Hmmm...

Anyway, that plus marinara sauce, garlic bread and a small caprese salad. I bought a big container of fresh basil for the bread I want to make, so I'll use some of the extra for dinner tonight.

Angel biscuits with ham and pepper jelly, country green beans, and a scalloped potato/fennel cassrole.

Attachments

• 2018-04-26 18.19.47.jpg
    2018-04-26 18.19.47.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 121
Earlier this week I declared it to be a week of easy meals. Mostly so I have time to do "stuff" around the house. So far, time keeps leaking away from me...:ermm:

Tonight's supper will be pulled pork I picked up when we were at Aldi - pretty decent stuff for the price. Those are going on Aldi "Hawaiian" rolls with bread-and-butter pickles. Sides are a corn and black bean salad, and (hopefully) the last of the never-ending batch of potato salad.

I just had some caprese toothpick apps -- cherry tomatoes, cherry size fresh moz balls and fresh basil.

A little later, I'm going to grill some chicken legs. I'll eat some hot tonight, and have some cold for lunches.

CD

Tried a new restaurant today...San Pablo Taqueria. Their al Pastor is divine, the rice and beans are basic. Wish I was still hungry so I could try a different menu item.

Wonderful pics and menus, guys! :yum:

Been busy doing 'stuff' around the house today too, CG. I created more of a mess than before I started. :LOL: :glare: I ended up with a BLT on sourdough for dinner, sliced mango (again) for a side. Hit the spot.

Last edited:
...Been busy doing 'stuff' around the house today too, CG...
I didn't say I was doing "stuff", just that my plan was to do it. :cool:

Those little knock-off King's Hawaiian buns from Aldi aren't bad. :yum: Not as sweet - and that's a good thing. Tonight's dinner:

Attachments

• 20180426_204827.jpg
    20180426_204827.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 105
Back
Top Bottom