What are you eating today Tuesday 2/12/2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
It's snowing like crazy at the moment.

I think tonight will be meatloaf, asparagus, mashed & gravy.

I'm going to SV some bone-in/skin-on chicken thighs tonight. Pilaf and a veggie will complete the meal.

Schools were cancelled today, so my boy decided to make his first pasta by hand for lunch.

He made Pappardelle Cacio e Pepe. It was fantastic!

Attachments

• 1812.jpg
    1812.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Honest Abe Lincoln was born on this day in 1809, so this is the 210th anniversary of his birth.

Tonight's dinner will be sweet and sour beef stew in the pressure cooker, served over egg noodles, salad on the side. It doesn't have anything to do with Honest Abe, but I just wanted to remember a great president.

Yaki-Soba noodles with a sauce by Chungah Rhee..

Aldi frozen Crab Rangoon with sweet & Sour sauce by Kara Cook..

Lemon Meringue pie for later..

Ross

It's Spring!

Spring Training, that is, as today was the official day for Cleveland's pitchers and catchers to report. However, many of the players have been in Goodyear AZ for a while now. Still...spring - as long as I'm not looking at the 3-4 inches of snow outside our windows. :LOL:

In celebration, we'll have our annual ballpark supper of hot dogs and. Today's "ands" will be French fries (actually oven fries), more baked beans (because last night's tasted so good), and a few Snyder potato chips (contraband we brought back from OH last month just for this occasion).

Spring Training, that is, as today was the official day for Cleveland's pitchers and catchers to report. However, many of the players have been in Goodyear AZ for a while now. Still...spring - as long as I'm not looking at the 3-4 inches of snow outside our windows. :LOL:

In celebration, we'll have our annual ballpark supper of hot dogs and. Today's "ands" will be French fries (actually oven fries), more baked beans (because last night's tasted so good), and a few Snyder potato chips (contraband we brought back from OH last month just for this occasion).

We're going down to phoenix for a Spring Training game on the 25th
:w00t2:
So excited!
Well, the Asian Market is right by the Stadium, so there's that too :LOL:

For dinner tonight its going to be a re-heat night.

003.jpg

I made this HUGE batch of "local-style" Beef Stew back
awhiles ago, so I defrosted a bag (I got 4 quart sized bags),
I'm going to make a fresh pot of steamed White Rice and then
its time foa grind my braddahs ans sistahs!!!

**side note: the recipe in the link above was voted to be the BEST
Beef Stew recipe in Hawaii ;) ALOHA!

I made 2 meatloaves using my mini loaf pan to mold them.

mini_meatloaf_uncooked_021019_IMG_5392.jpg

We like the nice dark crunchy crust.

mini_meatloaf_cooked_021019_IMG_5396.jpg

Served with fresh steamed asparagus (topped with butter and fresh grated parm reg & pecorino romano cheeses), mashed Yukon and red potatoes, and mushroom gravy.

mini_meatloaf_dinner_021019_IMG_5401.jpg

Looks delicious... :yum:

Ross

@BT's Boy,

View attachment 33600

THAT looks outstanding, and you're first crack at it? MAN!!!

Thank you both. My son said thanks very much as well.

He watched a video today about making pasta, so while I was sleeping and DW was making final decisions about the kitchen rebuild, he decided to give pasta making a go. Not bad for a 14 year old without any help or supervision. All of the years of watching cooking shows togetner are paying off.

Last edited:
Kinda depressing, we had Big Macs and fries. Double cheese on both, extra pickles and no “special sauce” for Mark. And they actually got the order right!

Simple Italian today.

Shrimps sautéed in EVOO and butter, with diced garlic, and tossed with mini-penne pasta. Seasoned with fresh ground pepper. finished with parsley from the garden (its still alive) and grated ParmReg.

CD

Attachments

• sripmpasta02-18-001.jpg
    sripmpasta02-18-001.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 84
Back
Top Bottom