What are you eating today, Wednesday April 25, 2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Breakfast was a Brown Cow Coffee yogurt.
Lunch was Mother Goose Liverwurst on a mini Portuguese roll.

Have no clue what's for dinner.

Fried rice. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Can your stove put out and maintain the level of heat needed for good FR? :angel: LOL

27696-albums1090-picture7065.gif

27696-albums1090-picture7036.gif

Last edited:
Mystery pasta of some kind to me. Craig decided to go off the planned meal list because he wanted pasta.

It's all about maple now that I have put all the sugaring equipment away. Tonight the Elders are having maple-glazed reverse seared pork chops, accompanied by Himmel und Erde (mashed potatoes and mashed apples--apples were oven roasted with some maple syrup), green beans drizzled with a apple-cider vinaigrette. Dessert is homemade maple ice cream. Once sugaring is done for the year, it's okay to go a little crazy with the syrup of one's labours. Tonight's sap was all from the fridge jar. The other jars I have hidden away.

Rollatinis with pasta and sauce.. These had pepperoni, basil and sliced mushrooms as stuffing.

Attachments

• 2018-04-25 17.32.31.jpg
    2018-04-25 17.32.31.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 136
Mmm...looks good, med.

Easy dinner this afternoon - a steamed artichoke and sliced mango for a side. Tyler has a game at 5 and is doing his homework now, so I want to get dinner out of the way and come home to a clean kitchen. :)

Cuban Picadillo at our house tonight. It's been a while since I've made it and it sounds good. Rice on the side, and maybe spinach salad.

Kayelle, I'll have to dust off the picadillo recipe. Now that GD has moved out, I can make it again (she's not a fan of raisins or olives).

I still have to try it as a filling for empanadas.

I started getting in prepared meals because I just can't cook as much as I used to. I used to make everything from scratch and now sometimes I barely have enough energy to plan let alone make a meal.

So, I found this organization called "Better Meals". They offer "home cooking" meals that are made like I would at home and then frozen for delivery once a week. I got 3 meals each last week to try them and the only complaint is that the portions aren't enough for TB so we just add something to it. I never wanted to get to this point but I would be a fool not to take advantage of it. The meals average $6 to $7.50 and there is a wide variety. This week I got five each and if I cook more than two days we have them for next week.

Today I am having perogies and bratwurst with sauerkraut. TB will have teriyaki steak with prawns and I got some roasted veggies that I will give him for the green beans that come with his meal. He hates green beans and I love them! Dessert is a rhubarb crumble (gluten-free) pie.

Back
Top Bottom