What are you eating today, Wednesday May 2, 2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Not sure what's for dinner. It's 88F at the moment.

I'm making a recipe of garlicky shrimp with anise and parsley. That will go with a salad and crusty rolls.

The plan is an early supper of individual omelets, ham, and jumbo muffins. Since Himself is trying to figure out if he'd rather have omelet, etc or clean up the leftover corned beef and cabbage, I've already eaten. :LOL: I had half a muffin (saving the other half for a late snack) and mushrooms/spinach/tomato/Swiss cheese in my omelet. It's amazing how big a 2-egg omelet looks when it's full of veggies! :ohmy: A pretty glass of iced citrus water on this hot-hot day.

Attachments

• 20180502_175520.jpg
    20180502_175520.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 125
I'm going to make some soft tacos with leftover grilled chicken from last night.

CD

Pita with chicken salad orange slices and watercress sandwiches. Today is a hot day.

Same temperature earlier here, msmofet!

Yummy-looking omelet, CG :yum:

I had a procedure with anesthesia today, so an easy dinner tonight: beef tacos with all the fixings (butter lettuce instead of our usual romaine hearts - haven't heard whether the contamination episode is over).

DH took off from work to drive me and he washed both vehicles this afternoon, walked the dog, fixed my porch flag holder, and basically was a good responsible adult who made sure I made no important decisions today [emoji38] So he's going for a run and I'll do what little is necessary to make this dinner.

Aw, so sweet of your DH to do all of the adulting today, GG. I hope you feel all better soon. :heart:

I'd keep away from any non-farmers' market romaine for a while yet. The news reported the first death as a result of the contamination. More states have been added, too, including MA. The local (two towns away) farmers' market opens for the season tomorrow. I wonder if I'll remember that tomorrow...:huh:

Thanks for the omelet compliment. Market Basket has their white eggs on special this week for 99 cents. Blowing through my supply to make room for new cartons. :LOL:

I went shopping this morning.
We had rotisserie chicken and fruit for lunch.
For dinner I had a small appy plate (strawberries, nectarine, pineapple, 1/2 hard boiled egg, Kalamata olives, 4 anchovy fillets, 2 prosciutto wrapped mozzarella, 2 genoa salami wrapped mozzarella and saltines). Then I had a cup of chicken bouillon with shredded rotisserie chicken in it.

appy_plate_050218_IMG_4110.jpg

Friends sent over a massive tray of ham, roast beef, and turkey sliders along with chips and chocolate chip cookies. I gave most to the neighbors but kept a few back.

You guys are finally getting some well deserved warm weather, and it's cold and dreary here today Brrr.
I had some freezer stashed ham and 15 bean soup, and SC put together a box of RL cheddar bay biscuits.

Last edited:
I stopped at Mom and Dad's they had some leftover chili that was very good and a chunk of white cheddar with black pepper, that was very good, too.

Baby green salad topped with steamed calamari, carrots, hard boiled egg, black olives and tomatoes, and a garlic bread with mozz and sauce.

I also threw in a few anchovies.

The plan is an early supper of individual omelets, ham, and jumbo muffins. Since Himself is trying to figure out if he'd rather have omelet, etc or clean up the leftover corned beef and cabbage, I've already eaten. :LOL: I had half a muffin (saving the other half for a late snack) and mushrooms/spinach/tomato/Swiss cheese in my omelet. It's amazing how big a 2-egg omelet looks when it's full of veggies! :ohmy: A pretty glass of iced citrus water on this hot-hot day.

Looks delish, GG! I love eggy dishes for dinner.

My daughter likes to make muffin cup omelets (I guess frittata would be a better word, since they're baked). She lines the muffin tin cups with thinly sliced ham, then fills them with an egg, bell pepper, spinach, and cheese mixture and bakes them. The leftovers are a great little snack to pull out of the fridge and gently warm.

I went shopping this morning.
We had rotisserie chicken and fruit for lunch.
For dinner I had a small appy plate (strawberries, nectarine, pineapple, 1/2 hard boiled egg, Kalamata olives, 4 anchovy fillets, 2 prosciutto wrapped mozzarella, 2 genoa salami wrapped mozzarella and saltines). Then I had a cup of chicken bouillon with shredded rotisserie chicken in it.

View attachment 29929

Oh yum! That's my kind of meal, MsM. I really enjoy appy plates with lots various goodies to nibble on and have them often - especially in the warmer months when fresh fruit is at it's best. :yum:

Today is World Tuna Day,
so
I made Poke Bowl Deluxe for us two!

The base: steamed white rice
Main characters: Kalua Pork, Shoyu AHI (that's Tuna in Hawaiian) Poke, Cucumber Kim Chee, Lomi Lomi Salmon, Tako (leftover from last night) Poke
:yum:

Dessert later will be Milk Nickel Bars (remember those?)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom