What are you eating Tuesday 12/5/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's what's funny Ross, this restaurant does not have Calamari Salad on their menu !!! :LOL:
DH says to me, "What did you order again? I didn't see that on the menu."
My reply: That's how a real cook eats out! They have House Salad, small or large, I chose small. They Have an appetizer of Fried Calamari. The tables next to us kept staring at my salad like, "where she get that? I would have ordered that!" HA!
I asked that cook please put the Calamari atop my salad as a single plate

That's what I do. If the ingredients are listed, I combine them my way. I joined a friend for breakfast at Perkins the other day. Instead of an omelette with spinach and avocado, I had a double portion of steamed spinach, two poached eggs, and the avocado. I often order a salad, cup of chili, and a poached egg. Please put salad in bowl. Salsa on the side and make a breakfast salad. No toast or bread. We don't have a lot of choices in the Northwoods.

Interesting... I have been combining off the starter menu for a long time... I don't eat a lot at one sitting so I do it that way.. I get what I like, for certain, and I find that its often, a bit less expensive... :yum: ;)

Ross

That's what I do. If the ingredients are listed, I combine them my way. I joined a friend for breakfast at Perkins the other day. Instead of an omelette with spinach and avocado, I had a double portion of steamed spinach, two poached eggs, and the avocado. I often order a salad, cup of chili, and a poached egg. Please put salad in bowl. Salsa on the side and make a breakfast salad. No toast or bread. We don't have a lot of choices in the Northwoods.

Interesting... I have been combining off the starter menu for a long time... I don't eat a lot at one sitting so I do it that way.. I get what I like, for certain, and I find that its often, a bit less expensive... :yum: ;)

Ross

Right guys?!

In my youth, I took my younger sister out to dinner at one of those FAANCY-pants french style restaurants in Honolulu and y'know we both ate the way that we liked (foodies ahead of our time ;)) ... so she orders a house salad, escargot and some other appy plate, I can't recall off the top of my head (granted, this was, oh my gosh, some 30-35 years ago)--- anyways, all from the side or appetizer portion of the menu.

WELL!

You'd think that someone had committed some major crime!

"MISS! No no no! You must order an entree!!" (please insert my best faux french accent)
So I said, "Listen, I'm paying the tab. We've already started with a bottle of wine. Do these three items total to the same or MORE than an average entree price?"
"Well, no Madame
(my sister was Miss and I was Madame --- hrphmmm :ermm:),
that would equal more than one average entree..."

We got we wanted! :LOL:

I made a Mexican pork stew tonight. I had a small pork loin, so I cut it up, browned it, and mixed in a jar of Herdez Pasilla Chile Sauce, a can of tomatoes, and a few other goodies. For being a throw together meal, it was actually pretty good.

Here's what my version looked like.
That looks great, Andy. I think I'm going to have to try that recipe myself. It sounds like something I'd like.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom