What are you eating Tuesday April 24, 2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
We will be having chili over brown rice. I made the chili last night because it tastes better the next day.

Making a pot of Giada's shredded beef with tagliatelle. This is a very tasty ragu sauce for pasta.

Yesterday's planned supper is today's reality. :huh: So what else is new? :LOL:

We'll enjoy an in-the-house picnic of hot dogs, baked beans, and potato salad. I fixed up a relish tray earlier, too, for something to munch on while Himself plots his plan of attack for swapping out over-the-range microwaves. So glad my DH has good muscles. :bb:

Foul weather in the forecast for the next two days, so I need to get my grilling in tonight. Pork tenderloin, side of summer squash, zucchini, and sweet onions in the grill basket, corn on the cob in the microwave. It's the first Florida corn of the season, so I don't have high expectations.

Couldnt resist when I saw this nice crab at Whole Foods, so I decided to make a simple seafood boil for me and my wife

2JrhJ71.jpg

Got some King Crab, lobster claws, shrimp, linguica sausage, red potatoes, onions, garlic, old bay, lemons, corn, and some spices I love.*

CuOM7I6.jpg

1L5olyK.jpg

CPvh3Iw.jpg

vjcPDlK.jpg

BEOYbkI.jpg

APT-- Arthritis prevention therapy-- flippin' burgers on the weber.
APT-- Peelin' potatoes for tater salad and chopping onions
APT-- opening a can of bush's grillin' beans. We had some last week and liked, so we're having these again.

Not so much APT-- licking your finger and holding it up towards the sky, didn't get hit by lighting, Yup, it's not raining, the sun is out and it's a good day.

It was Taco Tuesday here. I tossed some sirloin on the grill, seasoned with lots of hot pepper and garlic kind of stuff, and cooked it to medium rare. I tossed half an onion on the grill, too.

I also happened to have some Frito's Bean Dip in the fridge from the weekend. I spread that on my flour tortillas before I heated them. Good idea... I'll do that again.

So, tacos made with flour tortillas, bean dip, thin slices of medium rare steak, grilled onion, and cheddar-jack cheese. It was very tasty.

CD

Great meals tonight from the cooking crew!!

I did a couple of individual baked fish casseroles. How I love those little casseroles.

Bottom layer: thin sliced Bok Choy sauteed in butter and chopped fresh garlic
Second layer: rolled Dover Sole fillets seasoned with lemon pepper
Top layer: Generous amount of Buttered Panko bread crumbs with fresh herbs, and dusted with Paprika

Baked in toaster oven at 400 degrees for 20 min, and served with a side of seasoned white and wild rice.

opening a can of bush's grillin' beans. We had some last week and liked, so we're having these again.
I dice a slice of applewood smoked bacon, render the fat, saute some diced onion, and then add the Bush's grillin beans to the pot. The applewood bacon has a really strong smoked flavor. I freeze individual slices and use them to add flavor to some dishes. I also add a diced slice to Lundberg's wild rice mix, along with some mushrooms.

We had grilled bacon cheddar burgers. I put the bacon and cheese right into the patties. That way you don't use so much bacon and cheese, the burgers don't fall apart when you grill them. Also, they just taste so darn good! :chef:

Last night was Chili (seasoning, crushed tomato, kidney beans, onion and multi colored bells added to meat) served over brown rice and Cornbread (with butter and creamed honey).

chili_042418_IMG_4057.jpg

corn_bread_042418_1_IMG_4050.jpg

corn_bread_042418_2_IMG_4054.JPG

creamed_honey_042418_IMG_4052.jpg

Wow! What wonderful looking and sounding dinners last night! Roman - your seafood boil looks fabulous. :yum:

I ended up with my usual fall back dinner when I'm busy and/or just don't know what to make - a veggie omelet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom