What are you eating Tuesday July 2, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
DD's are going to the movies for an early evening showing.
Hub & DD #1 will probably have a sub or something.
I will have something small.
The plan is that DD #2 & I will be having homemade naan and butter chicken (depending on if I get to D Mart to pick up the spices needed) when she gets home from the movie.
But plans may change.

July 2nd

Last edited:
I've got enough cherry tom's to make my first lentil salad of the season! Something that I make countless times every summer, and I already have the chana dal in the IP, slow cook mode, to get it to just the right texture. The original recipe calls for 2 c halved cherry tom's, but I always add at least 3 c - hard to have too many!

Corn on the cob with lime oregano sauce. Veg/brown rice mix. Cantaloupe.

Romaine and spinach loaded salads, baked bay scallops with a Ritz/Lake Shore Drive seasoning topping, baby peas, and haricot vert.
IMG_20190702_192408410_HDR.jpg

Chef John's Big Fat Greek Grilled Chicken on the charcoal Weber, orzo, and a house salad. I'm making some tzatziki to go along with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LooR5pB-7YM
This was really good - exceeded expectations, and I have high expectations of Chef John. I cooked the leg quarters to 190F, and they were still so moist, and packed with flavor. Definitely in the summer rotation.

I cubed some pork sirloin steak and cooked it with onions and mushrooms in a gravy. Roasted brussels sprouts accompanied the pork.

This was really good - exceeded expectations, and I have high expectations of Chef John. I cooked the leg quarters to 190F, and they were still so moist, and packed with flavor. Definitely in the summer rotation.
Thanks for the reminder and review. I saved this a while ago and forgot about it. I'm going to put it on the meal plan for next week.

I made that lentil salad, when I finally got in today. I halved (or cut larger ones smaller) over a quart of cherry tomatoes for it - always the first thing when I get this much of a harvest! I also sampled the 6 varieties I cut up for it, as I was preparing them! I made a recipe and a half, and called a friend, who loves the stuff, and told him that I have just under 4 quarts leftover, so I should have some leftover, even if he gets here late tomorrow.
Overflowing quart of cherry tomatoes, for salad. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished lentil salad by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Everything looks and sounds "... simply mahvalous …"

I went deep freeze diving and came up with
a small Ham Steak …

IMG_4429.jpg

DH: Is it Easter?
Moi: No Dear, it just looks like it on a plate
DH: MMM! and thank you for making it easier for me to eat!
(his dominate left hand is still out of commission, so I'm cutting everything up for him as I plate up :chef:)

… and we STILL haven't eaten all of those dang frozen Peas nor Corn from his last surgery!!! :LOL:

Good looking meals!

I wasn't very hungry, the fridge is almost empty, and I didn't want to go shopping. So, I grazed tonight.

CD

Sweet and sour seitan.

I was frying up some small pieces with batter for popcorn chickun. My wife tasted one and wanted Tangsuyuk.

She told me that the sauce was great (pineapple juice is key) and the seitan with breading was just like beef.

Attachments

• Sweetandsour.jpg
    Sweetandsour.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 138
Last Night's Roast Beef and Mashed under Gravy, with a Southwest Corn
..... and a strange salad, carried in, which I didn't like one bit !

Roast Beef & Mash.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom