What are you eating Tuesday October 8, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Based on a recommendation I saw online, I bought a jar of Kirkland Signature (Costco) pesto. We had spaghetti tossed with pesto for dinner tonight and it was excellent. I recommend it.

I made a batch of pasta from a Michael Symon recipe: pasta, sausage, cannellini beans, Swiss chard, Grana Padana cheese, lemon zest and juice. And yum!
IMG_20191008_195747859.jpg

Good looking dinners, all!

I had a nibble tray this afternoon, again. A few thin slices of rare tri tip, salami and sharp cheddar with triscuits, crisp/tender marinated asparagus, a deviled egg, sliced apple, and a few fresh picked cherry tomatoes.

Last edited:
I made another batch of lentil salad, to use up a bunch of those cherry tomatoes, plus about 6 oz of beans, left after freezing 3 lbs of them. I minced up 2 habaneros for the salad - 2 habs that size would have made it almost inedible in the summertime, but it's amazing how mild they have gotten, due to the cool weather. I might pull them out soon, since I have more dried and frozen than I need.

Light dinner tonite - just a cast iron skillet fried cajun rubbed pork chop with a boiled new potato - no pics.

But the height of my meal for dessert, was a small slice of chocolate mocha torte that I made last nite, garnered with a lovely reaspberry sauce & some whipped cream.
Check out the photos I just posted in the chocolate dessert section, where I first posted this 'so quick & easy' recipe. It was superb - there's more where that came from !

I had a falafel platter: falafel, hummus, and tabbouleh. Stirling had a shish taouk platter: chicken, with roast potatoes hiding under the chicken, and a green salad with no tomatoes. We both got some pickled hot pepper and some pickled turnip.

Attachments

• IMG_20191008_194158.jpg
    IMG_20191008_194158.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20191008_194135.jpg
    IMG_20191008_194135.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 104
Based on a recommendation I saw online, I bought a jar of Kirkland Signature (Costco) pesto.

How big is the jar? I wonder how long it will keep and if there is a way to make it last longer. I’ve bought smaller jars before and then find mold in it some time later.

It's a 22 ounce jar. In the past I've had great results freezing pesto in portion-sized containers. This jar has an expiration date of Nov. 8th and says "Use or Freeze by..."

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_5b1e.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_5b1e.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 109
  • fullsizeoutput_5b20.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_5b20.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 100
I made a southwestern style soup with pork shoulder steaks (removed, deboned and pulled into pieces after an hour), onion, garlic, poblanos and chocolate cherry tomatoes from the garden, potatoes and corn, seasoned with Penzeys Arizona Dreaming, Mexican oregano, cumin and a bay leaf. Topped it with Greek yogurt seasoned with cilantro and lime juice and sliced avocado. Served with a cheese quesadilla.
1008192041a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom