What are you eating Tuesday September 10, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The KN (a/k/a Dad) should be home around 2. I am thinking MN hotdish. It is still raining and damp here. For lunch, he can have soup and a BLT. Mom's having a BLT--finally have an Amish Pink tomato from the garden that will make a perfect BLT.

Linda's having some roasted veggies & a salad, while I made my recipe for the paprika chicken with red peppers & onions -see my 'killer' chicken things thread where I've already posted a photo of the partially cooked dish before baking it later to finish it.

Here's the photo:
See my explanatory comments in the thighs recipe thread.
The photo is when everything is put together but the thighs are only partially cooked and partially browned up, to be baked later for finishing.
The finished product will not look much different than this.

Attachments

• IMG_8781 Photo of unbaked chicken thighs.jpg
    IMG_8781 Photo of unbaked chicken thighs.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Gah! I can never find Cheryl J's black bean and corn salad recipe when I want it. Wanted to put together so it could marinate awhile. So today I added Cheryl's name to the title in my recipe storage, and maybe I can locate it easier next time.

If you have never made this, you better ought to! http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f11/black-bean-and-corn-salad-92149.html

Serving this with grilled burgers and a handful doritos/tostitos chips

Messy plate tonight......... Too much food on there, so I ate it all !

Beer Brats , on a bed of Peppers & Onions, Buttered Corn with a little Sweet Pepper for color, Navy Beans & Bacon from the freezer, and Cole Slaw....

Beer Brats, Onions, Peppers, Freezer Pinto's.jpg

Sausage, spinach and mozzarella pie and salad on side.

salad_091019_IMG_6200.jpg

sausage_spinach_pie_091019_1_IMG_6202.jpg

sausage_spinach_pie_091019_2_IMG_6204.JPG

We retrieved the last of the previously fried chicken cutlets from the freezer along with a container of sauce. We had a quick easy preparation of chicken parm with pasta and salads.

I just cooked up a rib steak that was going to go off. I ate about half of it. The rest will go on a salad. The carnivore is happy.

Here's a pic of my finished dinner of chicken thighs.

I turned on the broiler for the last 2-3 minutes to really crisp up the skins - It did the job and they were delicious.

Attachments

• IMG_8788 killer chicken thighs after baking.jpg
    IMG_8788 killer chicken thighs after baking.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Gah! I can never find Cheryl J's black bean and corn salad recipe when I want it. Wanted to put together so it could marinate awhile. So today I added Cheryl's name to the title in my recipe storage, and maybe I can locate it easier next time.

If you have never made this, you better ought to! http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f11/black-bean-and-corn-salad-92149.html

Serving this with grilled burgers and a handful doritos/tostitos chips

Thank you, love.

You may remember that DH was rear-ended about two weeks before my hip surgery - his truck was totaled. We finally bought a new Ford Escape for him and went to the dealership to sign papers this afternoon. So when we got home, we snacked on leftovers and store-bought hummus and pita chips.

Aw, His and Hers Escapes, eh? Congrats to DH, and many happy and safe miles of driving, GG.

If you're still hungry, we still have leftover leftovers...;)
Lol, yes, this will be the second time we've had a pair of Escapes in front of the house [emoji38] It comes with having a FIL who was a long-time Ford employee and provides us with a nice discount ;)

Back
Top Bottom