What are you eating Wednesday 1/23/2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made a batch of a type of barley risotto, with some Italian sweet sausage from the freezer, and I also used a little bit of something else something else I have to use up - dehydrated eggplant! I always get so much eggplant in the summer that I dehydrate a LOT of it - just cut it into slightly larger than normal chunks, and put it in the dehydrator. a pound reduces to 1.45 oz. I just re-hydrate it, and use it in recipes like this, or curries and the like.

This dish also had some mushrooms - cremini and a little boletus - with some onion, garlic, rosemary, and the basil, added toward the end. I used some thin soy, as the salt, because I always use soy in mushroom dishes, as the flavors just seem to go together. It was delicious, and creamy, like a risotto, but I'm sure it will solidify, and I'll have to add water to the leftovers when I reheat it.

Your posts tend to fascinate me, and this is no exception. I'd love to be a taste tester. It sounds mysterious.

Yeah, they can be more rounder. Depends on the bakery. But it's pretty much the same thing, just a little different. Capeesh?

(I was using my hands the whole time as an additional descriptor.)

Holy Yum Chicken..

This is very simple and good, Kayelle.. I made it as presented but, will tweak it a bit next time.. For us, its good enough for there to be a next time..

https://www.tablefortwoblog.com/holy-yum-chicken/

Ross
This sounds really good. I love the disclaimers at the end :ROFLMAO: Reminds me of a discussion here recently.
Tips for success with holy yum chicken
These tips/disclaimers..again, please don’t take offence or think I’m “talking at you.”

I only put these here because…if you have the time to scroll through all the comments…you’ll see the comments from the very beginning that caused this disclaimer section to even happen.

So yes, everything that I’m answering below…it happened one or way another with readers.

Like yes, people actually came to yell at me for improvising this recipe and not following the directions.

The tips are 100% needed.

1. If you don’t like mustard, you likely will not like this dish. 1/2 the recipe’s ingredient is mustard.
2. It will taste mustardy with a nice hint of sweetness! So again, if you don’t like mustard, don’t make this.
3. If you don’t follow directions and want to improvise, that is definitely ok! But please do not come back to yell at me for a failed dish. The instructions are laid out completely below because I have tested it myself and it works the way it’s written below.

And so on, for 11 disclaimers [emoji38]

I hosted my book club meeting last night. I made Italian tortilla spirals with salami and provolone and spinach & artichoke dip. I also sliced some Cara Cara and blood oranges, drizzled them with our honey and sprinkled them with Penzeys Pico Fruta. The fruit was a nice contrast with the richness of the other dishes. Forgot to take pictures.

This sounds really good. I love the disclaimers at the end :ROFLMAO: Reminds me of a discussion here recently.

And so on, for 11 disclaimers [emoji38]

In reading through Julie Wampler's blog, I find her to be a no nonsense blogger.. I find that pretty refreshing.. :)

She has a video for most recipes..I like viewing a dish being put together.. There are a few more I will try..
Ross

Last night's Meatloaf, spinach, mashed reds and gravy.

meatloaf_012319_IMG_5330.jpg

Holy Yum Chicken..

This is very simple and good, Kayelle.. I made it as presented but, will tweak it a bit next time.. For us, its good enough for there to be a next time..

https://www.tablefortwoblog.com/holy-yum-chicken/

Ross

I also got a kick out of the disclaimer notes from the author GG. ;)

Having said that, I'm wondering how the recipe would be with boneless pork chops rather than chicken. It seems the flavor profile would work with pork too.
Thanks for passing on the recipe Ross!

I also got a kick out of the disclaimer notes from the author GG. ;)

Having said that, I'm wondering how the recipe would be with boneless pork chops rather than chicken. It seems the flavor profile would work with pork too.
Thanks for passing on the recipe Ross!

You are welcome, Kayelle..

Interesting as I was thinking of cooking a bone in pork steak with this sauce.. Just have to adjust time and temp..

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom