What are you eating Wednesday 1/23/2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Went shopping this morning. So there are many choices for dinner. We are leaning towards meatloaf.

Breakfast was Chobani Banana & Cream yogurt.

Lunch was rotisserie chicken & mixed fruit.

chicken_fruit_lunch_012319_IMG_5318.jpg

Made a new, to me, chicken thigh dish.. The sauce is Dijon mustard and maple syrup.. Pretty darn good..
Sides were steamed Brussels sprouts and butter noodles..

Coconut cake for later..

Ross

I'd love to see the recipe Ross. Always looking for new ways with thighs.

We're doing chicken wings on the grill. I'll be bundled up next to a space heater because it's a chilly 56 degrees. lol

^ +1! :yum:

I didn't get around to making the enchilada dinner I had planned for yesterday....so that's what I had this afternoon.

Made a new, to me, chicken thigh dish.. The sauce is Dijon mustard and maple syrup.. Pretty darn good..
Sides were steamed Brussels sprouts and butter noodles..

Coconut cake for later..

Ross

I was out of honey once, and took a chance on good maple syrup with dijon, and it was very tasty. I've added a few drops of Tabasco on occasion.

CD

Maple and mustard is a great combo for chicken, Ross.

Since DW had more painful dental work done today, I ran out to a diner to get her whole wheat blueberry pancakes. While I was out, I picked up a pizza and mussels marinara for my boy and I.

We had salads and BLT sandwiches on brioche rolls. I also had made pie dough last night in anticipation of today being National Pie Day. However, Himself had a doctor's appointment today, was allowed to roam unsupervised, and wandered over to the Italian bakery shop near the doc's office. He came home with two huge lobster tails. They are best fresh, so pie will wait until another day.

I made a batch of a type of barley risotto, with some Italian sweet sausage from the freezer, and I also used a little bit of something else something else I have to use up - dehydrated eggplant! I always get so much eggplant in the summer that I dehydrate a LOT of it - just cut it into slightly larger than normal chunks, and put it in the dehydrator. a pound reduces to 1.45 oz. I just re-hydrate it, and use it in recipes like this, or curries and the like.

This dish also had some mushrooms - cremini and a little boletus - with some onion, garlic, rosemary, and the basil, added toward the end. I used some thin soy, as the salt, because I always use soy in mushroom dishes, as the flavors just seem to go together. It was delicious, and creamy, like a risotto, but I'm sure it will solidify, and I'll have to add water to the leftovers when I reheat it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom