What are you eating Wednesday 12/6/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay.
I use two bbq sauces, this one today is the more vegetable-y sauce and there is another sweeter Sweet Baby Rays copy cat type recipe...but it isn't as healthy and it is sweeter.

Here's the Rib BBQ sauce.

Cook up:
2 and 1/2 cups of chopped onions
2 and 3/4ths cup of tomato sauce
2/3 cup of vegetable oil
1 and 1/4 cup of water
You want the onions completely cooked (DH does). This may take a half an hour or so.

Then take a hand blender and blend it smooth and add:
2/3 cup of brown sugar (I use white sugar and add some molasses)
3/4 cup of lemon juice
7 and 3/4 Tablespoons of Worcestershire
5 and 1/4 T yellow mustard
1 and 3/4 T salt
3/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper

Bring it all to a boil and lose enough liquid to make it the consistency you like. Then I put it in pint jars in the refrigerator. It doesn't last long. I made it before the guys went deer hunting then sent along bbq'd boneless ribs, they were crazy for it.

Shrek had fish and chips, I had a hamburger steak with mushrooms and onions, mashed potatoes and brown gravy along with the salad bar. Brought half my dinner home in a box.

Okay.
I use two bbq sauces, this one today is the more vegetable-y sauce and there is another sweeter Sweet Baby Rays copy cat type recipe...but it isn't as healthy and it is sweeter.

Cook up:
2/3 cup of vegetable oil
1 and 1/4 cup of water
You want the onions completely cooked (DH does). This may take a half an hour or so.

3/4 cup of lemon juice
1 and 3/4 T salt

Bring it all to a boil and lose enough liquid to make it the consistency you like. Then I put it in pint jars in the refrigerator. It doesn't last long. I made it before the guys went deer hunting then sent along bbq'd boneless ribs, they were crazy for it.
Thank you Bliss

Okay.

Cook up:
2/3 cup of vegetable oil
1 and 1/4 cup of water

3/4 cup of lemon juice
1 and 3/4 T salt

Add a little bit of cayenne pepper to that recipe sometime. The amount depends on your taste for heat. You get a nice, well rounded hot and sweet sauce. I love the combination of heat and sweet. They seem meant for each other.

CD

Add a little bit of cayenne pepper to that recipe sometime. The amount depends on your taste for heat. You get a nice, well rounded hot and sweet sauce. I love the combination of heat and sweet. They seem meant for each other.

CD

Yeah, sometimes I add cayenne for DS and myself, but Dh is allergic to capsacin (the hot in hot peppers), his skin swells if he gets some on him (in skin preparations) and his stomach is a mess if he eats any.. so I label the bbq sauce w/pepper and w/o pepper. That recipe is for the unadventurous. Thanks Caseydog.

We had the standard, hotel breakfast buffet before we hit the road, and neither one of us was really hungry at suppertime. We had split the last ham sandwich I made for the drive out on Monday while we were driving back, but that was in NJ for crying out loud!

We ended up each having a can of Progresso soup (Veggie for Himself, chicken with herb dumplings for me) and a slightly sweet snowflake roll. The only place we have found this roll is at a bakery in the Allentown PA area, Egypt Star Bakery. A dozen followed us home. :heart:

Okay.

Here's the Rib BBQ sauce..
You just KNOW that this recipe will get lost here, and then how are we to find it?

Maybe you could pretty-please post it over here: Sauces, Marinades, Rubs :mrgreen: And thank you! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom